Foreign characters - keyboard

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Rockspeaker

Foreign characters - keyboard

Post by Rockspeaker »

Hey! I was just playing Leisure Suit Larry 7 on Android port of ScummVM. I came to the part where i need to input a specific command which contains polish diacrytic character for the game to recognize the word (e.g. the game does not recofnize "wez" as the aliteration of the word "weź"). Is there a way to input such character using the built-in keyboard?
Thanks!
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Foreign characters - keyboard

Post by Praetorian »

Currently there is no support for this in the virtual keyboard. You'll have to use a physical keyboard for it (usb or bluetooth) or use one of the apps that allow setting up a number of special custom buttons that can be displayed on screen at all times (but I'd really go with the physical keyboard solution).

I do agree that supporting multple languages on the ScummVM virtual keyboard would be great, but that has not been a priority task for me at least.

At one point I put some work towards supporting an the externally set up keyboard (like G-Board) which, while missing many special keys (function keys, arrow keys etc), does offer support for multiple languages. Perhaps that could be a more feasible task, albeit not entirely practical.
Rockspeaker

Re: Foreign characters - keyboard

Post by Rockspeaker »

Thanks for the answer. Yeah I believe it's kind of a niche therefore a low priority for the development.

Nonetheless thanks for the tip regarding the widget showing on top of the display that might be the workaround Im looking for.

Cheers!