What about Tex Murphy?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ccarroll321

What about Tex Murphy?

Post by ccarroll321 »

Any plans to support the Tex Murphy series in ScummVM? Man that would make my life.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

There are no current plans for Tex Murphy as far as I know. Also, the latter Tex Murphy games (from Under a Killing Moon onwards) are 3D, so they're out of ScummVM's scope
ccarroll321

Post by ccarroll321 »

:( thanks for replying!
EugeneE

Post by EugeneE »

Since the Tex Murphy games such as Mean Streets, Martian Memorandum, Under a Killing Moon & The Pandora Directive are DOS based, just use Dosbox to play the games.
Thpwg

Re: What about Tex Murphy?

Post by Thpwg »

This post dates back to 2009. I was wondering if things had changed for a possible implementation of Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum in ScummVM? But I think there are 3D stages even in those first two episodes. I just wanted to find out more about the evolution of ScummVM in relation to this type of hybrid game.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Thpwg wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:49 am This post dates back to 2009. I was wondering if things had changed for a possible implementation of Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum in ScummVM?
I'm not sure. My current work on Might and Magic 1 is done (bar any bugfixing). The Access engine is one of the possibilities for what I may work on next. Though there are several other possibilities, such as returning to work on the Freedink engine, or concentrate on the early Legend Entertainment parser games. We'll see.

On a plus note, since ScummVM now has support for 3d engines, in theory the later Tex Murphy games could be worked on in the future, if anyone ever shows interest in working on them.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@dreammaster

Accolades "Altered Destiny" and "Les Manley"? *puppy eyes*