pre-0.9.0 testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

I have tested Freddi Fish 1 (Windows/English) on my PC.

Completable, No Regressions.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

crowley wrote:Completed "The Feeble Files" english Windows 4CD on linux with converted videos. No problems noticed.

I now see why I never played it a second time, the arcade games in the game are terrible.

Regards
Sebastian
do you mean you have played a converted windows version of the game under linux? is that possible?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

I have tested Putt-Putt Enters the Race (Windows/English) On my PC.

Completable, minor graphical glitches (shadow becomes red at some points) and the pinball mini-game doesn't work.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

FeebleFiles1 wrote:do you mean you have played a converted windows version of the game under linux? is that possible?
Weird question. That's the very purpose of ScummVM, to run games on all supported platforms. If you'd have enough memory and resolution, you could play it even on Palms and cellphones.

Eugene
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

@sev ok that is great that this is possible, sorry for this stupid question

i have a question to the feeble files again, i forgot to convert one video to dxa and so scummvm crashes he says that the video isnt available and he cannot continue the game, in earlier releases there were no errors if some videos arent available
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

@FeebleFiles1:

Please post your question in the following thread:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=137

@All above:
Added to the list, thanks for helping! :D
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

FeebleFiles1 wrote:i have a question to the feeble files again, i forgot to convert one video to dxa and so scummvm crashes he says that the video isnt available and he cannot continue the game, in earlier releases there were no errors if some videos arent available
I don't actually see a question in that paragraph, but I believe that behaviour was changed because there are a number of cutscenes which, if they are missing, make the game impossible to finish.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Freddi Fish 4: The Case of the Hogfish Rustlers of Briny Gulch
Language=en
Windows version?

on AmigaOS4 PPC

Completable, minor problems with lip sync speech that sums up (unfortunately)

Summing it up:

- Lips moving while talking, if there's a pause in speech (like between two sentences),
this pause is ignored, instead the lips are moving along, looks wrong
- AFTER the speech has stopped, nearly all characters have a liitle "after moving" of
their lips, as if they'd say "crap line", but silent :-)

Details i found:

- At the airpump: The part "You should be more careful" by Freddi, is played, but Freddi
isn't moving her lips at all
- at the revealing of Mr. Big (the "party"), when the game has switched to closeups of
the suspicious character (Mr. Big) and Freddi and Luther, there are many lines wrong.

1. The line "You were talking to someone" by Freddi, is done by Luther (lips moving)
with the voice of Freddi
that goes for the next two lines also
--"You were singing...Little Piggy" and
--"You all ought to be ashamed"
2. The line "You just hurt other people...", this line is done by Freddi, but with
no lips moving at all, see above

All of these glitches aren't showstoppers or crash the game, but it would be nice to
have them fixed, because it doesn't quite look right (and nearly killed the fun)

P.S: If it isn't confirmed by others it may be an Amiga build-only glitch
P.P.S: I didn't file a bug report yet, lemme know if i should
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

I have tested Putt-Putt Travels Through Time (Windows/English) on my PC.

Completable, with glitches. The mouths of the characters is very odd. I reported it as bug # 1506002. http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418820
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Pajama Sam 1: No Need to hide when it's dark outside (English (US))

on AmigaOS4 PPC

Completable, one error

Talking to the snotty trees (second or third time), when the game switched to
"closeup" mode, after the sentence: "Yes, well, why don't you run along and play then?"
ScummVM crashes with ERROR akos_increaseAnim invalid code c0a4

Bug #1506017
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

I have tested Freddi Fish 2 (Windows/English) on my PC.

Completable, no regressions.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

I found a bug in the German edition of the Feeble Files 4 CD

When you are in the maze vom cygnus alpha, and you want to jump to the second field you were always eliminated i have tryd all colours, in the original i can jump without any problem to the next field.

I have the newest suversion built installed

EDIT, i made a screenshot of it:

DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

It's to do with the special cursor that puzzle uses. Aim the middle of the hand at the step you want to jump to, instead of the finger. I came across the same thing in the English 2CD version.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

FeebleFiles1 wrote:When you are in the maze vom cygnus alpha, and you want to jump to the second field you were always eliminated i have tryd all colours, in the original i can jump without any problem to the next field.
I don't know whether or not it's a bug since I've never played the original, but I think the problem may be the cursor hotspot. It's not, as one would think, at the tip of the index finger of the pointing hand cursor, it's more in the middle of the palm.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
FeebleFiles1 wrote:When you are in the maze vom cygnus alpha, and you want to jump to the second field you were always eliminated i have tryd all colours, in the original i can jump without any problem to the next field.
I don't know whether or not it's a bug since I've never played the original, but I think the problem may be the cursor hotspot. It's not, as one would think, at the tip of the index finger of the pointing hand cursor, it's more in the middle of the palm.
but this problem doesnt exist with the orginal game, where should i put the cursor on the fild, can here anybody makes for me a screenshot? i have tryd all methodes

Can someone sent me please or upload a saved game after the maze? i will test the game behind the maze and its really hard