Retropie - Suddenly all scummvm games are not working anymore....

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

10vorne

Retropie - Suddenly all scummvm games are not working anymore....

Post by 10vorne »

Everything was going great with the scummvm games in my Pi 3-Retropie-Installation. I only used the standard version of scummvm and always started the games via the GUI and not via the automatically created shortcuts in Emulationstation.

On the way to solving a problem with Dreamweb, I installed lr-scummvm and updated the whole system, updating Scummvm from 2.6 to 2.7 afaik. Now not a single game runs with the standard version of scummvm, which previously all ran with it. I can also re-add games, they are recognized correctly by scummvm. When starting the game (via the scummvm-gui), I end up back in the Emulationstation just after the runcommmand box. I don't know where to start. I reinstalled scummvm, uninstalled lr-scummvm again, removed and added games via ScummVM-Gui, deleted the scummvm.ini and re-add a game....no changes. What can I do? I also already deleted all shortcuts and restarted ES.

Help me Obi-Wan-Kenobi, you are my only hope!
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: Retropie - Suddenly all scummvm games are not working anymore....

Post by Raziel »

Have you tried going back to 2.6?
10vorne

Post by 10vorne »

Raziel wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:57 am Have you tried going back to 2.6?
That was one of my thoughts as well, but I have no idea how to do that via RetropieSetup. I can only choose whether I want to compile from the source or whether I want to install the binary. I don't have a choice of versions. And I don't know how to do it from the console.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

lr-scummvm works differently from "normal" scummvm.

They have different ways the loader use the games files (for scummv it needs .svm text files created which it reads from the main directory, lr-scummvm however directly reads the files from inside the game folders themselves)
10vorne

Post by 10vorne »

Just to avoid misunderstandings. I always used the "normal" scummvm and everything worked wonderfully with it. Here I also started the games via the Gui and not via the generated scripts.

Then I had trouble getting Dreamweb to work. Following advice from the forum, I installed lr-scummvm to run Dreamweb. In the course of installing lr-scummvm, I also updated the system, and the "normal" scummvm was updated. What it was then in the end, why then suddenly all the games with the "normal" scummvm no longer ran, which were ALL running before - no idea. It was probably due to the update, since it seems that you can easily install scummvm and lr-scummvm on a system without them getting in each other's way.

I don't know how to downgrade the normal Scummvm now.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

I suspect the switch to the lr-scummvm solution, together with the update, messed up your settings

You still got your data files, I assume?
I'd suggest reinstalling scummvm and sticking with one of the, obviously not compatible, solutions.
10vorne

Post by 10vorne »

By data files do you mean the games?

I've already installed Scummvm and it hasn't changed anything. Of course I would then do without the 3 games and lr-scummvm if the "normal" ScummVM version was then running again, if that's what you mean.

If I select Open-GL under Global Options and press OK, the Gui breaks down just like the games, maybe it has something to do with it. But I've already tested all possible graphics settings in the individual settings of the games, nothing worked...

Here is the log file after starting a game

Code: Select all

User picked target 'sword25' (engine ID 'sword25', game ID 'sword25')...
   Looking for a plugin supporting this target... Broken Sword 2.5
Running Broken Sword 2.5: The Return of the Templars (Latest version)
data.b25c: 880a8a67faf4a4e7ab62cf114b771428, 827397764 bytes.
* failed to add service - already in use?