Trying to get a Mac Floppy Disk of Putt Putt's Fun Pack to run

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Piffy

Trying to get a Mac Floppy Disk of Putt Putt's Fun Pack to run

Post by Piffy »

I have in my possession a Macintosh floppy of Putt Putt's Fun Pack and I've been struggling to access the right files to run it in ScummVM. Turning the .dsk into an iso and using the web dumper has been ineffective. The disk just contains a .sea file and the dumper just returns that. I did manage to unpack that .sea but ScummVM doesn't seem to recognize the files in there and making an iso of the unpacked files doesn't seem to work either. Would appreciate some guidance.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Trying to get a Mac Floppy Disk of Putt Putt's Fun Pack to run

Post by criezy »

.sea files are self extracting stuffit archives. We do support running some games directly from the stuffit archives, but that is not the case for this one. So you would indeed need to extract its content.

However, it looks like we do not support the mac version of this game, so it is unlikely to run, and I don't know how much work would be needed to make it run:
Piffy

Re: Trying to get a Mac Floppy Disk of Putt Putt's Fun Pack to run

Post by Piffy »

I was actually successful in extracting the files from the .sea and reformatting them into the ScummVM recognizable files. Even though it's the mac version, the game seems to run perfectly except for the dialogue audio which doesn't currently play. Another dev reached out and hopefully this version will be formally supported in the future.