Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and Loom

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lazyjones

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and Loom

Post by lazyjones »

Has anyone successfully managed to get Loom (EGA / Amiga / English) running on a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra?

I have tried with different versions of ScummVM and I get the same result every time:

ScummVM 2.5.0 (Oct 1 2021 17:32:20)
Console is ready
Debugger started, type 'exit'' to return to the game.
Type 'help' to see a little list of commands and variables.
ERROR: (69:10002:0x1184): Cannot read resource!

Other games work and I know the Loom files I have are working ones.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and Loom

Post by Praetorian »

lazyjones wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:47 am Has anyone successfully managed to get Loom (EGA / Amiga / English) running on a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra?

I have tried with different versions of ScummVM and I get the same result every time:

ScummVM 2.5.0 (Oct 1 2021 17:32:20)
Console is ready
Debugger started, type 'exit'' to return to the game.
Type 'help' to see a little list of commands and variables.

Code: Select all

ERROR: (69:10002:0x1184): Cannot read resource!
Other games work and I know the Loom files I have are working ones.
Please check the following:
  1. Do the Loom data files work with a desktop version of ScummVM? Please check with the exact same folder, as in, transfer the existing folder from your android to your desktop. (Sometimes copying files to android can lead to corrupt data folders). Do they work with 2.5.0 version of ScummVM or a newer one?
  2. Are you launching the game from the start or loading an old saved game? Sometimes compatibiity with old saved games gets broken, and also saved games with a particular sound setup are not generally compatibly with saved games with another sound setup (eg MT32 vs Adlib sound).
  3. Did you copy all the data files from your floppy discs to a single flat data folder? What does your game data folder's contents look like - Can you post a list of the files or a screenshot? According to our wiki page for LOOM ScummVM prefers all the .LFL files to be in a single folder.
You can also try newer versions of ScummVM for android.
Versions 2.5.1, 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 (current) are available from our website in Downloads section.
And version 2.7.0 beta (some significant changes were made that affect storage on modern Android devices especially Android 11 and above) is on the Play Store since yesterday:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/or ... vm.scummvm