Little Big Adventure - Audio bugs and other related issues.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

legluondunet

Little Big Adventure - Audio bugs and other related issues.

Post by legluondunet »

Hello,
I own Little Big Adventure game, provided by GOG, and I would like to play this game with Scummvm.
I installed the game then add the game in ScummVM.
Until now all is OK, the GOG install is recognized by ScummVM.
Issues:

• Adeline logo

the logo: https://imgur.com/lqKiBu1
When the Adeline logo appears, if I enable midi I can hear music.
But if midi is not enabled in ScummVM options, it can not use wav file provided by GOG in "Common/Midi/LBA1-31.wav", it seems code does not planned to play audio file instead of midi for this sequence.
If I start scummvm in terminal with debug mode, I can read:

Code: Select all

Play midi file for index 31
I try to put a mp3 file called track31.mp3 in main game folder but the file was not played.

• Video without music:

I compare LBA PS1 and PC version, on PS1 the main LBA theme start with the video. On scummvm the video has no background music. It will be great to implement this possibility.

• LBA Main Menu

When the menu appears (New game, Options etc...) there is a music, the main LBA theme.
It's the track 10 from the CD audio and provided by GOG in COmmon/Music/Track_10.mp3
But scummvm does not let play fully the music track, the music is brutally cut and start the generic/credits.
Normally the main theme should be fully played before to pass to the generic sequence.

• Generic/Credits

No music, even if I activate midi.
I obtain this error log:

Code: Select all

WARNING: HQR: Invalid entry index!
WARNING: HQR: failed to get entry for index 255 from file: midi_mi.hqr!
WARNING: Failed to play track 255!
I looked at the PS1 version, we should hear music from CD audio track n°9, see here: https://youtu.be/L3ZcsI_GZFY?t=295
if I put track n°9 from GOG folder Common/Music/track09.mp3 to main game folder and rename it to track255.mp3, ScummVM plays it during the generic.
I didn't see this point explained in https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?titl ... ew_desktop
Other point this music should be play during all generic time, in loop mode, until the end of the generic sequence.
But for the moment, if I put the track255.mp3 in main game folder, the track is played only one time, no loop.

• When generic finished, no more music at all played.

After generic we have a loop of sequences, in order:
intro video (dragon)
three pictures
video in the boat
relentless picture title
adeline logo
menu
Music should start again when logo appearing, then main theme begins with dragon video (see my comment n° 2) and last until the end for the main menu.

Concerning other audio files provided by GOG, in Music and Midi folders, I don't know yet if there are needed during game for others sequences.
To the ScummVM team, I post this report here to discuss what it is possible to ameliorate here, and perhaps later, if needed, open bug.
This report is a little long to read and my english is far from perfect, but thank you for your attention and purposes.