The Feeble Files - Bird on the hill cannot be shot down.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

venom_INC
Got a warning

The Feeble Files - Bird on the hill cannot be shot down.

Post by venom_INC »

Hello,
i have a problem with "The Feeble files" game. I stranded on this planet. A bird flies around on a mountain tip of this planet. I want to shoot the animal with the combat robot, but this just doesn't work. The combat robot says "target acquired" only with the rockets but nothing happens. Waited for a minute and nothing happened in this time. The robot does not want to use the other weapons. According to my solution aid, the bird has to be shot down and collected! What can I do so that the game continues? Is there a savegame for download somewhere, after this scene or a workaround for ScummVM? I used the GOG Feeble 4CD version. I used the general SCUMMVM software and not that of GOG because the general SCUMMVM offers better resolution for my display.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Feeble Files - Bird on the hill cannot be shot down.

Post by eriktorbjorn »

venom_INC wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:03 pm I want to shoot the animal with the combat robot, but this just doesn't work. The combat robot says "target acquired" only with the rockets but nothing happens. Waited for a minute and nothing happened in this time. The robot does not want to use the other weapons.
I wasn't able to reproduce this. Well, not exactly as described anyway. SAM would shoot down the bird for me every time I tried it, but at least if I had pressed Ctrl+F to speed up the game he might get stuck (at least for a while) after shooting it down. So there may be some timing issue if he shoots down the bird before he finishes talking, but I don't know if that's a problem with ScummVM or with the original game.