Is a gamepad controller compatible when playing Grim Fandango?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Airballons

Is a gamepad controller compatible when playing Grim Fandango?

Post by Airballons »

Hello everyone!

I remember when I was a kid, that used to play Grim Fandango and wanted to play it again (since i still own the CD). I know there is a Remastered version we can play on PC, but i don't have that time to sit in front of a computer and play due to work, hence why playing on the phone is much more convenient even though I bought the Remastered version on Steam.

Anyways, I remember that Grim Fandango remaster also was released on Google Play a long time ago, but it got removed for some reason. I tried to find APK to somehow get it to work, since i can't buy it anymore but all the versions I got, was in Russia language, so no go there.

This brings me to my current issue. Since i own the CD I could easily just extract all the files I needed and also use a patch to make it work.
I followed the instructions on this website:
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Grim_Fandango

Now, everything works great, but the only issue I have is that i want to be able to use and play the game using a gamepad controller. No matter what i do, it for some reason doesn't work.
Do you know if it's possible to play the game using a gamepad? :)

EDIT: Forgot to write that I tested both ScummVM 2.5.0 and
2.6 1, same issues with both versions
Last edited by Airballons on Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airballons

Re: Is a gamepad controller compatible when playing Grim Fandango?

Post by Airballons »

I found this thread in GitHub where other mention similar issues about the gamepad on the latest ScummVM on Android.
It is a somewhat solution, but since I have no idea how to compile it, could someone please do this or if the ScummVM Team could fix this issue by following that GitHub link so we can use the joystick to move our character and also that A/B/X/Y works?

https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/4414