Shadow of the comet

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Paolo86

Shadow of the comet

Post by Paolo86 »

Ever thought about supporting shadow of the comet ?Apart from its annoying control system it was a pretty damn good game.
Morden

Post by Morden »

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

According to this mailing list message, someone has indeed thought about it. I don't know much more about it than that, though.
john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

I'm still working on it occasionally, it's in a good shape, though, so eventually it will be supported.
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

john_doe wrote:I'm still working on it occasionally, it's in a good shape, though, so eventually it will be supported.
Great to hear, definitely one of the older adventures I still need to play. Und Grüße ins schöne Stuttgart!
Paolo86

Post by Paolo86 »

Morden wrote:Check out forum rule 1 and ScummVM FAQ 2.2.
I apologize. I should have used the search function. I browsed the first 3 pages of the forum and I didn't find anything so I made a new topic. Gotta be more careful in the future . Anyway that's great news about the game being supported. Danke schon john_doe! (I don't know how to type the o with the umlaut with the keyboard)
alexfont

Post by alexfont »

Have there the original and never got the change to play it. Actually don't know if it works in now-a-days machines.
Got to take a look.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

john_doe wrote:I'm still working on it occasionally, it's in a good shape, though, so eventually it will be supported.
Hi, are there any news about Shadow of the Comet?
john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

Not really, my old comment above is still valid :)
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Thanks for the info john_doe. Good luck with that engine :)
xmfreak

Post by xmfreak »

That's great. I'm also looking forward to this game. It's been a lot of years since last time I played it and would be great to do it again.
maximus

Post by maximus »

Are you building this privately or in a public repo? I'm just curious to take a look at it ;)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

maximus wrote:
Are you building this privately or in a public repo? I'm just curious to take a look at it ;)
It's on a private repo
kaysow

Post by kaysow »

Same as alexfont here; picked it up when I was a kid, got stuck quickly, and can't get it to run nowadays. Also, I'd rather use my PSP =)
KnutG

Re: Shadow of the comet

Post by KnutG »

Its there any news about the support of SotC? Dosbox has the problem thats the german subtitles are unsynchrone with the englisch voice over - so that the text is sometimes not visible...