Help with Demos

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nozomi

Help with Demos

Post by nozomi »

I teach computer class to elementray and middle school children. Often I show them many of the classic games supported via ScummVM. I frequently show the non-interactive demos in hopes it will peak thier interest in them. (playing at the front of the class as they work) But a few of the non-interactive demos, such as Kryandia 1 and 2, Lighthouse, and Clandestiny return to the ScummVM menu when completed. Would it be possible to add a "loop" option to these demos?
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Re: Help with Demos

Post by dreammaster »

You could probably do this simply enough by creating a batch file that runs ScummVM from the command line (which I think should result in the demos exiting ScummVM entirely when done), and then loops to itself. My memories of batch files are a bit fuzzy, but something like

Code: Select all

@echo off
loop:
scummvm <demo's game id>
goto loop

tombeb

Post by tombeb »

where can i get the MTV Beavis and Butt-head in Virtual Stupidity demo version? I am a music listener, one day I was reading and listening to music in the library. And somehow my playlist is similar to what they are listening to.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

tombeb wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:28 pm where can i get the MTV Beavis and Butt-head in Virtual Stupidity demo version? I am a music listener, one day I was reading and listening to music in the library. And somehow my playlist is similar to what they are listening to.
The demo is available from the ScummVM Demos page here:
https://www.scummvm.org/demos/

Actually three demos are available. You probably mean the top one.
Opera Snapshot_2023-02-23_224716_www.scummvm.org.png
Opera Snapshot_2023-02-23_224716_www.scummvm.org.png (32.94 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
tombeb

Post by tombeb »

how could I not see it was there. but thanks. solved. 👍