"The Capri Saga trilogy" compatibility into ScummVM

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Onnivoro

"The Capri Saga trilogy" compatibility into ScummVM

Post by Onnivoro »

Maybe someone knows this adventure trilogy made in Italy by S-G Software and set on the Capri island and other nice places.
It was developed in early 2000s and works BAD on modern OS.
It consists of three adventures, all distributed in both Italian and English (both languages dubbed) and subtitles in other languages (including Russian and others):
1) The first adventure is called "A quiet weekend in Capri" (in Italian "Un tranquillo weekend a Capri")
2) The second is called "Anacapri the dream" (same title in Italian)
The first two games were included in a compilation called "I misteri di Capri" in Italian.
3) The third adventure is called "The Capri Connection" (in Italian is called "I misteri di Capri 2", and this brought some confusion to Italian users).
It would be great if can be supported by ScummVM, both to use them on modern systems without crashes or graphical problems (the game engine "force" 640x480 resolution), and to use them on portable devices, MacOS, Linux and various consoles.
Thanks.
Uka

Re: "The Capri Saga trilogy" compatibility into ScummVM

Post by Uka »

That's a nice idea!
I am a big fan of the trilogy - I was the first to complete "The Capri Connection" and I have translated it into Russian :)

Sadly, the authors are no longer selling / supporting the games - and not many people are aware about them.
As far as I know, the engine is some custom home-made one - I have no idea if it is possible to support it in ScummVM...

There were also a few side projects on that very engine - a game called "Puzzle Trip to Napoli", a few free demos like "Vittorio's Paintings" and "Hotel California" etc. They are also very difficult to launch under modern Windows versions - you are better to use Windows XP for that with system fonts size changed to "Small".