CoMI animation problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Im_Percynator

CoMI animation problem

Post by Im_Percynator »

I've been playing Curse on my vWii for a bit now and I've realised that mouths aren't moving. All other animations play but not the mouths. I would normally shrug this sort of thing off except for the game breaking glitch! I got up to part 3 and the "A pirate I was meant to be song" but there was the issue. The music was playing and they were jigging but after selecting a first cue the lines disappeared! I couldn't select anything else and the music kept playing, waiting for me to select something else. I had to load my save back onto my pc and get through that part there. I'm using 2.6.0 official release and the vWii channel forwarder.
Tsomi

Re: CoMI animation problem

Post by Tsomi »

Thank you for reporting this issue!

Please note that reporting bugs on https://bugs.scummvm.org/ is preferred, though. Bug reports made on the forums may go unnoticed.

I haven't looked at the Part 3 issue yet, but I can reproduce your lip-syncing issue on a similar machine, and the two bugs may be related. We're looking into this, but it may take us a bit more time to fix this.
Im_Percynator

Post by Im_Percynator »

Thanks for looking at it, at least. :)
Tsomi

Post by Tsomi »

Hi!

This should now be fixed, could test with a new Wii development build and report back?
https://buildbot.scummvm.org/#/dailybuilds

I'd suggest picking up the version from the second "stable Future 2.6.x" column, since this change will be part of the next ScummVM 2.6.1 bugfix release. Some possible lockups with the SCUMM games have also been fixed in this version.

Thank you again for reporting this issue with the Wii port. Some ports such as the Wii and PS3 ones behave quite differently from a desktop, and so any game testing there is interesting for us.
Im_Percynator

Post by Im_Percynator »

Thank you so very much! I just sat through the entire singing section, and it brings me so much joy to see their mouths moving and the song working. Flawless! :D