Trackpad odd behaviour in iOS (iPad)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

syokaku

Trackpad odd behaviour in iOS (iPad)

Post by syokaku »

hi everybody,
I managed to build ScummVM on my iPad through the guide and activated the trackpad mode (side note: why the hell is there a shortcut to switch to trackpad mode if is not present another way to activate it through the settings?!? I'm an UX designer and this thing drives me crazy, it's like you have to use Control + N to create a new file but without having the relevant item in the file menu...) but the behaviour looks odd to me.

the odd things are actually 2:
1. for some kind of reason across the center of the iPad the screen the cursor speed is higher and becomes slower moving the cursor near to the borders... this make really difficult to be precise when moving the cursor;
2. it's not relative as a real trackpad! when I touch the screen to start moving the cursor, the cursor appears where I touched and doesn't stay where it was during my last gesture. this make really difficult to move and then tap since when you lift your finger to perform a click (tap on the screen) the cursor inevitably moves making it almost impossible to correctly select an active area/hotspot.

I can post a video if my explanation is not clear...

ScummVM version is 2.7.0git (Aug 28 2022).
I'm playing Monkey 1.

Anybody could please help me?

thank you in advance,
best regards!