Any ETA on when the Google Play store version is going to be updated?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sdtfgbwrevw

Any ETA on when the Google Play store version is going to be updated?

Post by sdtfgbwrevw »

It's still on 2.5 :(
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Any ETA on when the Google Play store version is going to be updated?

Post by Praetorian »

sdtfgbwrevw wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:50 am It's still on 2.5 :(
No ETA I'm afraid. We want, of course, to be able to send a new update on Google Play Store as soon as is possible, but there are a couple of things to resolve before that and we don't have dedicated Android porters currently in the project -- we haven't had dedicated Android porters for years.

Main tasks are fully supporting Google's way of token based file access, and upgrading the minimum target SDK API level. And resolving any outstanding bugs and tweaking UI issues that have been reported to us. Also there could be new requirements to upload an update to the Play Store since I've last checked, since Google pretty much set those at a yearly basis for some time now, but I don't *think* there's any more significant ones.

For now, release versions for Android are uploaded on the ScummVM website. Those *release* apks, provided you know which apk will run on your device based on the architecture mentioned, should be compatible upgrades to the apks on the Play Store.
sdtfgbwrevw

Post by sdtfgbwrevw »

Okay :)
tservo

Post by tservo »

Thanks for the update. I was worried about installing Android ARM64v8a package v2.60 from the scummvm website in case it wiped out all my entered games,settings and saves.