Blade Runner - Original SCUMMVM version back up on GOG.

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jakejakejake1234

Blade Runner - Original SCUMMVM version back up on GOG.

Post by jakejakejake1234 »

Just wanted to let you guys know that the original scummvm version of the blade runner game is back up on GOG. It was briefly taken down after the remaster was released but GOG has recently put it back on the their website.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/blade_runner
almeath

Re: Blade Runner - Original SCUMMVM version back up on GOG.

Post by almeath »

That’s a relief. The “remastered” version appears to have been widely panned. Looks like it was a rush-job to cash in on the 25th anniversary of the original release.
Kasenshlogga

Post by Kasenshlogga »

almeath wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:12 am That’s a relief. The “remastered” version appears to have been widely panned. Looks like it was a rush-job to cash in on the 25th anniversary of the original release.
Well, this version has been in the works for a long time. But I still don't understand why they decided to release it in this state. I think an option to switch between the filtered/unfiltered graphics would have calmed down a lot of people (or rather, a slider to seamlessly blend between them). But even then there's the numerous new bugs people have reported, that weren't in the original game...
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Kasenshlogga wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:31 pm
almeath wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:12 am That’s a relief. The “remastered” version appears to have been widely panned. Looks like it was a rush-job to cash in on the 25th anniversary of the original release.
Well, this version has been in the works for a long time. But I still don't understand why they decided to release it in this state.
I found this article about it the other day: https://www.pcgamesn.com/blade-runner-e ... ion/launch