Please help with testing the upcoming ScummVM 2.6.0 release!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Roody

Re: Please help with testing the upcoming ScummVM 2.6.0 release!

Post by Roody »

GusCE6, for your purposes, I think you would be better off using the Agility interpreter. I don't think it claims to have 100% support for all AGT games (since certain aspects of old versions of AGT have never been fully documented), but it is the best experience for playing AGT games outside of a DOS window.

Gargoyle, by design, intentionally ignores things like color choices. It's basically like an e-book reader for interactive fiction, prioritizing a comfortable reading experience over fully emulating these systems.
TrivialBalderdash

Post by TrivialBalderdash »

I completed a play through of the CD version of Tender Loving Care. I was running the June 13 stable build of 2.6.0 on MacOS 11.6.7 on x64 Intel.

I ran into a few issues -
  • Several crashes during the surveys, in Chapters 11 and 15 - 13624
  • During a few movies, the audio and video were out of sync by up to a second
I never played the game when it was originally released. I actually hadn't even heard of it until it was in development for ScummVM. I picked up a copy on eBay to complete the Trilobyte collection. So I don't know if the A/V sync was an issue with the original. I do have a 486 and Pentium 1 I could go test on if needed.

I was able to see two of the 6 or 7 endings. Anyone know how to test for the other endings - is it random or based on the survey responses?
TrivialBalderdash

Post by TrivialBalderdash »

I completed a play through of Clandestiny. I was running the June 13 stable build of 2.6.0 on MacOS 11.6.7 on x64 Intel.

I saw two minor issues -
  • Screen offset with in-game save/load screen - 13636
  • There was choppy playback on some of the movies. There would be a "blip" in playback every 5-10 seconds, but it wasn't on every video and it wasn't consistent. More testing is probably needed. I wasn't able to replicate this reliably, so I didn't put in a bug report.
I played the game on the "Brave" difficulty setting.

Overall, it was a great experience replaying this game, and so much better than on original hardware. I had forgotten just how much CD load time can make the whole game feel sluggish.

Interesting side note, four of these puzzles were re-released as part of Uncle Henry's Playhouse/Mindblower. They were updated slightly with different sound effects. As I was playing Clandestiny, I noticed missing sound effects for those puzzles and assumed it was a bug. Turns out, those sounds weren't in the original game.
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

Is there any way to enable logging in PSVita version? I've tried to run Sanitarium which is working nicely on Winx64 but on Vita i've got black screen (without freeze 'cause i still can access to scummvm's pause menu or debug console).

Both (win and vita) versions are df2121b0.
Also tested Spider-Man Sinister Six which seems to works well on PC and Vita.