Compiling ScummVm for Riven Specifically

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

zxspectrum22

Compiling ScummVm for Riven Specifically

Post by zxspectrum22 »

a Few months ago I bought riven on gog and attempted to swap the provided scummvm with a GNU/Linux native build. I started by cloning the source and building it and ended up with a 300MB file. The File provided with the game was only a few megabytes. I assume the scummvm i compiled was for everything. Is there something I have todo to only compile what I need for Riven.
Thanks in advance.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Compiling ScummVm for Riven Specifically

Post by Praetorian »

zxspectrum22 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:00 pm a Few months ago I bought riven on gog and attempted to swap the provided scummvm with a GNU/Linux native build. I started by cloning the source and building it and ended up with a 300MB file. The File provided with the game was only a few megabytes. I assume the scummvm i compiled was for everything. Is there something I have todo to only compile what I need for Riven.
Thanks in advance.
Your configure command should look something like this:

Code: Select all

./configure --disable-all-engines --enable-engine=riven --disable-debug --enable-release
You could probably also get away with disabling other subsystems and components you won't be using

./configure --disable-all-engines --enable-engine=riven --disable-debug --enable-release --disable-jpeg --disable-fluidsynth --disable-fribidi --disable-flac --disable-tts --disable-ogg --disable-gif --disable-mpeg2 --disable-fluidlite --disable-bink --disable-tinygl --disable-faad --disable-a52 --disable-theoradec --disable-vorbis --disable-tremor --disable-lua --disable-mt32emu --disable-seq-midi --disable-sndio --disable-timidity --disable-opl2lpt --disable-retrowave --disable-nuked-opl --disable-opengl-game-shaders --disable-detection-full --no-builtin-resources 
Then you do your:

make -j$(nrpoc)
And then optionally, if you've specified a target folder (with --prefix) and want the distribution files as well:

make install
zxspectrum22

Re: Compiling ScummVm for Riven Specifically

Post by zxspectrum22 »

Perfect. Thank you very much!