Can you customize the "series" sorting option?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tomexplodes

Can you customize the "series" sorting option?

Post by tomexplodes »

Like create new series, add games to an existing series, etc.? For example, the Zork games I added didn't go under the Zork series except for Grand Inquisitor. Zork 1-3, 0, and Beyond from GOG are unsorted. Stuff like that. Just curious if this is possible. Thanks!
MusicallyInspired

Re: Can you customize the "series" sorting option?

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I didn't even know about the categories function in the game listing until just now. But yeah, customizing that might be a nice feature. I understand it's likely based on the game id in part because some slightly modified Sierra games I have are listed under Fangame and others.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

tomexplodes wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:01 pm Like create new series, add games to an existing series, etc.? For example, the Zork games I added didn't go under the Zork series except for Grand Inquisitor. Zork 1-3, 0, and Beyond from GOG are unsorted. Stuff like that. Just curious if this is possible. Thanks!
I am not much familiar with this ScummVM feature, but it is a good suggestion. It could be filed as a Feature Request on the ScummVM tracker. I guess it would need some significant expansion (or rewrite) to the existing code, since adding games to custom categories would mean that the list should be able to show duplicates of the same game entry under different categories, sort of how categories work on Steam library.

The Zork miscategorization sounds like an oversight though. This should be reported as a bug,
Mustrum

Post by Mustrum »

Praetorian wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:55 amThe Zork miscategorization sounds like an oversight though. This should be reported as a bug,
Other games are missing the categorization as well.
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/13545