Mickey's Space Adventure locks up

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tomexplodes

Mickey's Space Adventure locks up

Post by tomexplodes »

On the latest Win64 daily build (that I downloaded a couple minutes ago as of 9:16 eastern time May 26th)
I am using the version from Al Lowe's website, I take the DAT and OBJ files out of their folders and put them in the disk 1 folder, seems to be the only way to get it to recognize the game, but then, at the first screen of the game, when Mickey and Pluto "see a flash", the screen flashes, then everything just hangs. I have to alt-tab out to get it shut down. Any ideas? Thank you!

EDIT: Just for reference, the wiki page says this:

Required data files

mickey.exe
all other data files

one more EDIT: there are 2 disk folders, and there are some repeat files so I'm not sure which ones exactly are actually necessary
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Mickey's Space Adventure locks up

Post by Praetorian »

tomexplodes wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:17 am On the latest Win64 daily build (that I downloaded a couple minutes ago as of 9:16 eastern time May 26th)
I am using the version from Al Lowe's website, I take the DAT and OBJ files out of their folders and put them in the disk 1 folder, seems to be the only way to get it to recognize the game, but then, at the first screen of the game, when Mickey and Pluto "see a flash", the screen flashes, then everything just hangs. I have to alt-tab out to get it shut down. Any ideas? Thank you!

EDIT: Just for reference, the wiki page says this:

Required data files

mickey.exe
all other data files

one more EDIT: there are 2 disk folders, and there are some repeat files so I'm not sure which ones exactly are actually necessary
I am unsure if this is a regression in detection code but this should work, according to the engine's source code:
- Have "mickey.exe" and only "FLASHLIT.OOO" from OBJ folder in the parent folder
- Have all ".PIC" files and "LOGOS.BCG" in the parent folder too.
- Keep everything in OBJ and DAT subfolders as is, including a copy of the "FLASHLIT.OOO" in OBJ folder.

For all of the files, copy first disk and then the second disk and overwrite or skip the duplicate files, since I believe they are the same.

So the structure would look something like:
MickeySpaceAdv.png
MickeySpaceAdv.png (66.79 KiB) Viewed 885 times
Edit: Since posting this response, I've discussed this quickly on Discord and it seems we could come up with a PR code that would remove the requirement to copy "FLASHLIT.OOO" outside of its OBJ folder, which would make things easier for the end-user.

Edit 2: PR opened here: https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/3916
tomexplodes

Re: Mickey's Space Adventure locks up

Post by tomexplodes »

Doing it that way appears to solve it! Thank you very much! My brother will be very happy.

And let me just say, every time I've ever posted here needing help, I've gotten it. And you folks go above and beyond as far as I'm concerned. I love ScummVM, and I love its community and developers! You folks all rock!