Latest NDS build issues

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pen2paper

Latest NDS build issues

Post by pen2paper »

Hello, I've recently upgraded from 1.2.154975 to the latest NDS build, and have run into a couple of issues, which I hope somebody might be able to help me with. I've been using the previous build for so long, and am so grateful to be able to take Secret of Monkey Island, LeChuck's Revenge, and Beneath a Steel Sky with me, on the go - so huge thanks to the team for all your hard work!

The first thing I noticed on updating was the lack of virtual mouse icon. I looked into setting some custom key-maps to 'revert' the controls to what I'm used to, but when I press the Start button on the DS and head to the relevant menu option, when I attempt to make a change, the following error message appears:

Assertion!
File:
common.config-manager.cpp

Line: 381

Condition:
!domName.empty()

I have also noticed, when attempting to load a save, on pressing the Start button to access the menu during gameplay, the touch screen sometimes 'wipes' downward into black. On pressing Start again to return to the game, the cursor is visible, but nothing else. Only the top screen seems to be displaying as expected. This usually resolves after soft resetting the DS and starting the process again.

I can't seem to add any games on the DS Lite/Acekard 2i using the new launcher. The previous build (A-K) adds games just fine.

Lastly, it's quite difficult to read the text on the updated main menu. I've tried navigating to the Options>GUI Scale (which I can only make out as "GUI ale:" as the text is, for lack of a better word, crushed. I have tried setting this to 'small' which doesn't seem to have made any difference.

I am using a DS Lite (Acekard 2i), a DSi (R4 Gold Pro), and a DSiXL (using either the R4 Gold Pro or the TWiLight++ menu).