Does Vita port support network features?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Playstation Vita port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

szczuru

Does Vita port support network features?

Post by szczuru »

Like in tittle - does Vita port support network features like cloud or server? I'm trying to set up cloud saving but I always get "invalid token" error (when trying to connect to Google drive). Also when starting server the given ip is 0.0.0.0 (even if Vita is connected to wifi).
rsn8887

Re: Does Vita port support network features?

Post by rsn8887 »

Are you using 2.5.1? This was tested with 2.5.1, it should work.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

szczuru wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:36 pm Like in tittle - does Vita port support network features like cloud or server? I'm trying to set up cloud saving but I always get "invalid token" error (when trying to connect to Google drive). Also when starting server the given ip is 0.0.0.0 (even if Vita is connected to wifi).
Concerning cloud: I just tested it again on my Vita starting from scratch with Googledrive. It works for me using 2.5.1 release build from here: https://www.scummvm.org/downloads/#release . I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Make sure you enter the token exactly including capital/lower case letters. Are you sure you are not using some plugin blocking DNS or something?
Vita_Cloud.jpg
Vita_Cloud.jpg (400.52 KiB) Viewed 7037 times
Concerning starting server: This never worked. I don't know what would be the use? You can use Vitashell ftp server on Vita to transfer files.
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

Yes, i have 2.5.1.

It works now - i've had to get token from other device (eg Android) and type it in Vita. For some reason it doesn't work from whitin Vita's browser (i can get token in Vita browser but ScummVM doesn't accept it with "token doesn't exist" error). When i generated token on other device and put it in Vita it works :D
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

I was too fast to be happy :(

It seems it connect to google drive and sync saves but only once, when i connect with token. After that it doesn't work. Scummvm shows that cloud is connected but when saving/loading game little cloud icon is appering for few seconds and after that it gives an error about not able to sync saves, please check internet connection. My connection is fine, i'm not using any dnses which are blocking something.

I even disabled all non stock plugins (except sd2vita) and checked again - the same result. I'm on 3.60 with henkaku+enso, spoofed as latest fw with working PSN connection.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Forget what I wrote earlier. For some reason, I was just able to reproduce it in 2.5.1, but it doesn't happen to me in ScummVM latest
Branch master build from here: https://buildbot.scummvm.org/#/dailybuilds

I will try to find out what is causing this.

In the meantime, can you test the latest buildbot daily from the above link, and see if that fixes it for you? But be careful, even though your save states sync, the save states from 2.6.x seem not all backwards-compatible with 2.5.1. To test cloud sync, it is only necessary to see the save states appear locally in the load/save menu.
Last edited by rsn8887 on Thu May 12, 2022 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

So it seems Google Drive syncing on Vita works fine in the current daily latest master builds. But at some point in time it stopped working in 2.5.1. I suspect there was some change in the google drive API or some other change outside of ScummVM, and in the latest ScummVM code it somehow got fixed. But I can only guess.

My tentative conclusion is that this problem you found will be fixed in the next release, and you can use daily builds in between, if you want.

I will post here if I learn anything more about this.
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

Cloud issue seems to be fixed in latest 2.6 builds :D Works ok between 2.6 vita and 2.5.1 android.