PS3 - ScummVM 2.5.1 AGS games not working

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gradius3

PS3 - ScummVM 2.5.1 AGS games not working

Post by gradius3 »

ScummVM 2.5.1 running smooth so far on the PS3, BUT no single AGS game is working. An error messages appears after starting a game and and that's it. No matter if it is a small or a big game. I tested multiple games which are reported to be working fine. First thought that it maybe a memory issue because the error message states something about this, but then tried it out on my Wii and the small game "Maniac Mansion Deluxe" for instance is working fine there.

It has only <20MB, so I think the PS3 should handle this one. So I guess the AGS support is broken on the PS3 port!? :(
Tsomi

Re: PS3 - ScummVM 2.5.1 AGS games not working

Post by Tsomi »

I believe some (but not all) AGS games should work a bit better on the PS3 with a development build: https://buildbot.scummvm.org/#/dailybuilds.

However, some of them still fail starting, and more importantly, AGS savegames on PS3/Wii may be silently corrupted during their creation, at the moment. So I don't think I would recommend any serious AGS gameplay on PS3/Wii yet.

Those issues are known and are on our bug tracker, but since this is all a volunteer effort and the AGS engine is quite large, it may take some time to get this fixed on this port.