Wrong info for fedora

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mcanonic

Wrong info for fedora

Post by mcanonic »

Hi
if you go in the download page from a Fedora machine, the page suggests to download the rpm of the scumm with version 2.0.0.
But fedora has package up-to-date about scumm so I would suggest to remove this information, since you just need to use the default system packages app or by terminal, just run "yum install scumm" and the magic happens.
Best,
Massimo
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Wrong info for fedora

Post by sev »

The info is correct. 2.0.0 is the latest Fedora package we offer on our website.

Eugene
mcanonic

Post by mcanonic »

Yes, but I think that fedora users would like to have the last version.
Maybe, put a note to "check if your system support a new version".
Right now, on my fedora I have the last version:

Name : scummvm
Version : 2.5.1
Release : 1.fc35
Architecture : x86_64
Size : 99 M
Source : scummvm-2.5.1-1.fc35.src.rpm

Best,
Massimo
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

mcanonic wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:12 am Maybe, put a note to "check if your system support a new version".
At the top of the Downloads for ScummVM version 2.5.1 we have the following statement already:
website wrote:ScummVM 2.5.1 is also available in the software repositories of many GNU/Linux distributions.
The Recommended download can only point to a download we provide. But I can understand that recommending the 2.0.0 download can be confusing. So maybe in this case it would indeed be better to not recommend any download.
mcanonic

Post by mcanonic »

Yes, IMHO the problem is that you can see "Raccomended download for your system" and then a "BIG RED BUTTON" that invite you to click on it, while the sentence "ScummVM 2.5.1 is also available in the software repositories of many GNU/Linux distributions." it is just a text, not even bold.

So I would put more in evidence the sentence with respect to the "big red button".
Best,
M
BTW: the rpm provided seems not work in my fedora 35.