[TLJ] Looking for ResidualVM compatible savegame

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

holymoly

[TLJ] Looking for ResidualVM compatible savegame

Post by holymoly »

Hi all,

For some time I have been playing The Longest Journey, a game I failed to play when it was released. I have been playing this in Windows 10, looking past all the issues (parts of characters that are see-through, input problems) since the game is so incredibly good.

Today, to my surprise, I discovered Residual VM can actually play The Longest Journey! And it fixes all of the above issues and looks amazing with AA enabled! Needless to say I would like to continue playing this much improved version. Though, it seems the save format has changed so I cannot import my current state.

Are there people who by any chance have TLJ savegames from the start of Chapter 6 that are compatible with the latest Linux daily build (for me this is 0.4.0git)?

Thanks a lot in advance and kodus to the developers for this nice piece of software!
Botje

Re: [TLJ] Looking for ResidualVM compatible savegame

Post by Botje »

I do not know of a central repository of save games, but you can use debugging commands to switch to a chapter of your choosing.

You may need to switch locations as well... there's `listLocation` and `changeLocation` commands too.
blackpat

Post by blackpat »

I figured out, how to use the chapter and location commands to make the jumps. Dont know about the inventory though.

1. Open the debug console
2. chapter - shows the current chapter
3. changeChapter 70 - sets the chapter to 7
4. changeLocation 50 00 - sets the location to the beginning of chapter 7

If you just change the location, then a lot of characters are missing, because the chapter is needed to.
killian19._

Post by killian19._ »

blackpat wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:19 pm I figured out, how to use the chapter and location commands to make the jumps. Dont know about the inventory though.

1. Open the debug console
2. chapter - shows the current chapter
3. changeChapter 70 - sets the chapter to 7
4. changeLocation 50 00 - sets the location to the beginning of chapter 7

If you just change the location, then a lot of characters are missing, because the chapter is needed to.
Hi, do you know how to load chapter 6 ? at the very beginning of it, please ?