Unable to open virtual keyboard

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Buffetproof

Unable to open virtual keyboard

Post by Buffetproof »

I've got the current playstore version (2.5.0) installed on a Lenovo 10e tablet (chrome os, current version) and it's working well with one exception, I can't open the virtual keyboard. The menu icon works fine but the keyboard icon does nothing. Similarly, tapping on a text field does nothing. It's been a number of years since I've installed scumm on any device but it seems like the virtual keyboard is included by default on the android version. I've searched high and low for info relating to this issue but found nothing, any help would be greatly appreciated
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Unable to open virtual keyboard

Post by Praetorian »

Buffetproof wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:48 pm I've got the current playstore version (2.5.0) installed on a Lenovo 10e tablet (chrome os, current version) and it's working well with one exception, I can't open the virtual keyboard. The menu icon works fine but the keyboard icon does nothing. Similarly, tapping on a text field does nothing. It's been a number of years since I've installed scumm on any device but it seems like the virtual keyboard is included by default on the android version. I've searched high and low for info relating to this issue but found nothing, any help would be greatly appreciated
One potential reason for this to happen, and in fact the only one I can think of off the top of my head, is that the device detects a physical keyboard connected to it. In this case, the virtual keyboard button does nothing.
Buffetproof

Re: Unable to open virtual keyboard

Post by Buffetproof »

Ah, that probably is the issue - this tablet has a pogo connector & I bet it just defaults to keyboard-having. I'll do some research to see if there are any flags or something to disable. Thanks for the quick reply