Bad News for Gingertips "Foxtail" Fans and Older Devices

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GusCE6

Bad News for Gingertips "Foxtail" Fans and Older Devices

Post by GusCE6 »

Over at Steam the developers have announced that "Foxtail" in the future will use the Unity Engine.

The trouble over in the Ukraine, as if the pandemic wasn't enough, is causing the programmers terrible troubles- obviously they have more urgent matters than a game in progress. But they are still working on it. Let's wish them good during this rotten time, and their communities.

Unless they mean they are using both Wintermute AND Unity for different versions even SCUMMVM won't get the game running any longer.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Bad News for Gingertips "Foxtail" Fans and Older Devices

Post by sev »

They are switching to Unity. No further updates to the Wintermute versions.

Eugene
GusCE6

Post by GusCE6 »

Too bad. So unless SCUMMVM plans on handling Unity that's that. A pity, I went through quite a bit of trouble getting it running on that antique Sony for Chapters 1 & 2, and it was a joy when SCUMMVM 2.2 got Chapter 3 running. It was good backup if the ASUS is down.

Heck, if they had to change too bad it wasn't to just plain DOS. Then it would run on just about ANYTHING.
Last edited by GusCE6 on Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GusCE6

Post by GusCE6 »

Oh, while we're at it- I found an "engine," AGS 23. Works nicely except in windowed mode with DOSBox the game field is always to the left, and on the Sony in fullscreen mode it's to the left too.

Even for me it seems pretty easy. Is there a free later version (as early as possible) that does not have this problem or am I doing something wrong? Even the included Demo has that problem.

I'm thinking of programming a game. I have the story, the art ability, and programming on it seems easy enough.

Thanks.

UPDATE- Oh, how typical moments later I stumble across a version that works properly. Sorry.
GusCE6

Post by GusCE6 »

Not that this is very important at this time- who knows how far this mess can escalate (a single assassination triggered World War 1), but maybe the Linux version will still work with SCUMMVM. If so fine and dandy- and it is nice how "Zniw Adventure" now works.

Hopefully everyone will soon be okay over there. It's sad the Russian programmer was dropped because of this mess. What the hell is wrong with you Putin?