"Back For More?"

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Die4Ever

"Back For More?"

Post by Die4Ever »

It’s been 13 years since The 7th Guest was added to ScummVM with the Groovie 1 engine, and now we’ve finally added support for the Groovie 2 engine with all 4 games supported: The 11th Hour, Clandestiny, Tender Loving Care (CD-ROM edition), and Uncle Henry's Playhouse.

If the minigames vs Stauf are too difficult for you, then there’s also a new option for Easier AI which is available for all games (except Tender Loving Care, which doesn’t feature puzzles against an AI). The Easier AI option is also now available in the original Groovie engine for The 7th Guest, as well as other improvements such as right-click to fast forward.

Grab your thinking caps and a daily build to try it out. You can also check out the demos here. As always, please submit the bug reports to our issue tracker.
Mim

Re: "Back For More?"

Post by Mim »

Nice that more games are supported. But when I see Clandestiny, I always wonder who thought it was a good idea to create a game where people speak in a thick Scottish accent and there are verbal cues, puns and rhymes, but no subtitles. :x
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Great job getting these working. I'm genuinely amazed you were able to find a copy of Uncle Henry's Playhouse.
I always wonder who thought it was a good idea to create a game where people speak in a thick Scottish accent and there are verbal cues, puns and rhymes, but no subtitles. :x
Trilobyte made... a lot of questionable decisions after 11th Hour. It might be one of the most dramatic falls from grace in video game history.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

KuroShiro wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:26 am Great job getting these working. I'm genuinely amazed you were able to find a copy of Uncle Henry's Playhouse.
I didn't realize it was that rare until looking it up. MobyGames says only 176 were sold though surely more than that were manufactured? I don't remember when I got mine, though, and I only have the CD and jewel case with instructions, not the whole box.

And even so, there were apparently both a German version and a British one with the alternate title "Uncle Henry's MindBlower". That seems like overkill!