Myst 3 in-game not working

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

easchel

Myst 3 in-game not working

Post by easchel »

Hello everybody,

I tried to run Myst 3 on two different Android devices with differend SoC (both running scummvm 2.5.1). The game launches just normal, the menu works good so far and the intro movie plays exactly how it should. However, after movie, where you should be able to move / look around with the mouse the game is not responding to it. But the game actually keeps running because you can see birds flying around in the background and sound is playing normal for example. It is also possible to toggle the mouse behaviour to the "choose" mode so you can move the mouse on screen (without moving / looking around). This is very odd. I already played through Myst 3 on the Nintendo Switch where it worked perfectly (on both scummvm 2.3.1 and 2.5.1).

Maybe someone else could test the game on Android?

Thank you and cheers
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Myst 3 in-game not working

Post by Praetorian »

easchel wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:30 am Hello everybody,

I tried to run Myst 3 on two different Android devices with differend SoC (both running scummvm 2.5.1). The game launches just normal, the menu works good so far and the intro movie plays exactly how it should. However, after movie, where you should be able to move / look around with the mouse the game is not responding to it. But the game actually keeps running because you can see birds flying around in the background and sound is playing normal for example. It is also possible to toggle the mouse behaviour to the "choose" mode so you can move the mouse on screen (without moving / looking around). This is very odd. I already played through Myst 3 on the Nintendo Switch where it worked perfectly (on both scummvm 2.3.1 and 2.5.1).

Maybe someone else could test the game on Android?

Thank you and cheers
This has been fixed in the development builds (2.6.0git) -- if you don't care about maintaining your ScummVM added games and configuration you could switch to a development apk and test it out.

It has only been fixed for the touch interface though. (This is the relevant commit)

It's not fixed for using a physical mouse connected to the Android device or a joystick / gamepad / stylus etc. All these require specialized approach and the physical mouse that I've looked into is not so easy to fix.
easchel

Re: Myst 3 in-game not working

Post by easchel »

Wow thanks a lot for your quick reply. Much appreciated. I tried latest master and it works with touch controls. However mouse feels kind of inverted when in look/move mode. But I guess this is my preference. If a mouse speed setting could be added that would be awesome.

In latest master the widescreen hack is now also working properly! So big thumb up!

Thanks again!