AGS games won't save on Switch, but will on Mac (latest daily build)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Switch port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

anker2000

AGS games won't save on Switch, but will on Mac (latest daily build)

Post by anker2000 »

Have been trying out some AGS games (Shardlight and Kathy Rain) on the latest daily builds on Mac and Nintendo Switch. I'm using the same build version on both platforms, and while games save and load fine on Mac, games just don't get saved on the Switch version. I can load games saved on my Mac fine on the Switch by the way. Saving from classic Lucasart games like Monkey Island works great on the Switch version by the way - it seems to just be the later AGS games that are causing this issue.

I realize these are daily builds and that I shouldn't expect everything to work, but just thought it was worth asking if anyone had a solution or had encountered this issue, since it's inconsistent with latest Mac daily's behaviour.
rsn8887

Re: AGS games won't save on Switch, but will on Mac (latest daily build)

Post by rsn8887 »

This sounds like some bug in the engine itself? Can you create a bug on the official ScummVM bugtracker, so it can be looked at by the team? See here: https://bugs.scummvm.org

Thank you.
hackingdemon

Re: AGS games won't save on Switch, but will on Mac (latest daily build)

Post by hackingdemon »

anker2000 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:10 am Have been trying out some AGS games (Shardlight and Kathy Rain) on the latest daily builds on Mac and Nintendo Switch.
See Bug #13226 Saving AGS games is broken on Nintendo Switch
and PR #3674 COMMON: Fix BufferedWriteStream::pos() method