Ags Fonts not Displaying

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tservo

Ags Fonts not Displaying

Post by tservo »

Hello I am so happy that AGS games are now supported.Unfortunately some fonts are not displaying making the game unplayable. In Lancelot's Hangover and some other games the dialog fonts are not displaying so i cannot advance the dialogue.Can I download a font set to make it work? I so appreciate the effort and work that goes into keeping up the Android development.Thank you.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Ags Fonts not Displaying

Post by Praetorian »

tservo wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:37 am Hello I am so happy that AGS games are now supported.Unfortunately some fonts are not displaying making the game unplayable. In Lancelot's Hangover and some other games the dialog fonts are not displaying so i cannot advance the dialogue.Can I download a font set to make it work? I so appreciate the effort and work that goes into keeping up the Android development.Thank you.
Hello, I don't have the game so I cannot test immediately, and I don't think this is a known issue, so we need some additional info.
- Are you able to test the game with Windows ScummVM? Do those fonts display ok there?
- Is "Lancelot's Hangover" the Steam digital distributed title here?
- Which are the other games you've noticed this behavior on?

Also, for such issues (bugs) you should open a new ticket on our bug tracker, as more developers will be informed and be able to test / reproduce the issue and resolve it:
https://docs.scummvm.org/en/latest/help ... _bugs.html
https://bugs.scummvm.org

If you open a ticket for this, please provide a detailed description of the issue (when and how it happens), and answers to the above questions, and also attach a (ScummVM) save game close to that point.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

I was able to purchase this game on Steam on the current holiday sales. The issue is not Android specific.

Tried with our current development build of ScummVM (2.6.0git) on Windows and I get the missing fonts issue (most of the intro dialogue texts) -- and also it seems like music/sound might be out-of-sync at least during the intro sequence that introduces the character and the game's title.

I'll create a bug report after I've tested a bit more and looked into debug messages and the intended behavior when running without ScummVM.
tservo

Post by tservo »

Thank you appreciate you doing that.