Version 2.1.0 for Mac OS X PowerPC Seems Corrupted

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

HelixNRG

Version 2.1.0 for Mac OS X PowerPC Seems Corrupted

Post by HelixNRG »

Hi all,

I thought I'd get SCUMMVM running on a graphite G3 iMac so I could get some Living Books and Sierra titles up and running for the kids and myself.

Unfortunately, the current download for for v2.1.0 for PowerPC Macs (using Mac OS X 10.4 and up) seems corrupted, or at least, not working. Getting it over to my iMac running OS X 10.4.11, the icon for SCUMMVM doesn't display. Copying over the contents from the disk image to the Applications folder doesn't correct this and running the app opens it, but fails to open the GUI to begin specifying where game data is kept.

Luckily, I already had version 2.0.0 for MacOS X PowerPC and it's working perfectly. As a matter of fact, it's wonderful how many quality titles can be run from SCUMMVM on vintage hardware like this.

The download for the disk image seemed fine for 2.1.0 and I tried copying the disk image over to install on the iMac G3 as well as opening the disk image on my MacBook Pro running High Sierra and copying its contents to the iMac via ethernet – neither method worked for v2.1.0.

Can anyone confirm this is an issue for this specific build? Thanks in advance!

Alex
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Version 2.1.0 for Mac OS X PowerPC Seems Corrupted

Post by criezy »

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in the reply. I don't monitor the Other Ports forum and only saw this post yesterday.
But there was indeed a know issue with the PPC 2.1.0 release that was for example reported in this thread and in this other thread.

The invisible icon (bug #11261) and the failure to open the GUI when running the app (bug #11260) were two separate bugs that have now been fixed (and we can say a big thank you to macca8 who reported those bugs and provided invaluable information to help fix them). We have now released an official 2.1.2 build for PPC macs with the fixes and you can find it on our Downloads page.

At least breaking the mac PPC version had the side effect to provides some feedback that there are still some users for this version. :lol:
HelixNRG

Post by HelixNRG »

Thanks to everyone involved in fixing this bug! I'm really happy! :-)

Alex
2Mourty

Post by 2Mourty »

I also thank you those involved in fixing the PowerPC version of scummvm. For some reason my favorite machine to use ScummVM on is my 12" 1.5GHZ Powerbook g4.

Now if we could get nightly builds =) Probably asking for to much. I'll take what I can get.
2Mourty

Post by 2Mourty »

Version 2.2.0 for PPC is working great on my powerbook g4 12 inch, and my G4 MDD tower. Thank you again for keeping the PPC port of ScummVM going!
alesi

Post by alesi »

2Mourty wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:00 am Version 2.2.0 for PPC is working great on my powerbook g4 12 inch, and my G4 MDD tower. Thank you again for keeping the PPC port of ScummVM going!
Hi, cant find any ppc version in the download page...
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

alesi wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:44 pm Hi, cant find any ppc version in the download page...
Search for "PPC". The third item at the "Older versions" section.

Eugene
alesi

Post by alesi »

sev wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:30 pm
alesi wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:44 pm Hi, cant find any ppc version in the download page...
Search for "PPC". The third item at the "Older versions" section.

Eugene
am i blind? i dont know how many times was slowly looking for this version...

Thanks!!