New ScummVM version doesn't find any games

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Good_Punk

New ScummVM version doesn't find any games

Post by Good_Punk »

So I was very excited to hear that a completely new version of scummvm was released for the DS.
And I'm happy to report that it works... kind of... I can't add any games to it unfortunately.

I've tried Indy3+4, Sam and Max, Jones in the Fast Lane and Space Quest 5 but it won't recognize any of them. I had a few of those running with an older version of scummvm for DS just fine (the one that still had different letters and version for different games).

I couldn't find any further documentation on the new build or any compatability list for that matter. :?:
ccawley2011

Re: New ScummVM version doesn't find any games

Post by ccawley2011 »

What model of DS are you using? All of my testing has been done on the DSi, which has more RAM than the original DS and DS Lite, and those systems are likely to have memory issues with the plugin code that the releases use. I did prepare a set of non-plugin builds during the testing period that should work on all machines, however I can't test on the DS or DS Lite, and I didn't get any feedback on them from other users, so I didn't provide any for the release. The builds can be found here if you want to try them: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qGAAH1 ... sp=sharing
Good_Punk

Post by Good_Punk »

Yes I'm using the base DS.
The program does load and seems to work fine though. Only issue I had is that it doesn't recongize games when I try to add them. Or is that possibly connected to missing plugins? I will give the link you provided a try, thx :)
Good_Punk

Post by Good_Punk »

Okay, downloading individual engines from the link you provided helped in adding games. Unfortunately the games won't run and the DS just crashes.
I think this new ScummVM is too big for the old DS. Also the UI doesn't seem to work with the D-Pad anymore.

I used to run this build (these files came with different file names per engine and not very complete compatbility):

That still works fine with all the installed games. (Have to run two different nds files depending on which game I want to play)
cruc2021

Post by cruc2021 »

The same thing (no game recognized) is happening to me on a DSi XL.
ccawley2011

Post by ccawley2011 »

Something that might be causing a problem is using a flash card that doesn't provide access to the extra hardware on the DSi. I'm currently using TWiLight Menu++ via a DSi exploit, which doesn't need a flash card and allows using the full 16 MB of RAM. It's apparently possible to use TWiLight Menu++ with flash cards when running with SCFG access enabled to access the extra RAM, but I don't have any way of testing this.