Pre-AGI games (TrollVM) support for ScummVM

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

curtcoder

Pre-AGI games (TrollVM) support for ScummVM

Post by curtcoder »

Hi! I'm the author of TrollVM (http://trollvm.sourceforge.net/). In the light of the recent announcement of adding AGI support to ScummVM, would you be interested in having support added for the two pre-AGI era games (Mickey's Space Adventure/Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Wood) to ScummVM as well?
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

I guess if you add it yourself (which you're obviously capable of doing!) then I'd say more the merrier :) As an aside, I didn't know Sierra games existed prior to AGI! Nice to see Al Lowe making mention of TrollVM in a positive way!
Robert de Vos

Post by Robert de Vos »

I for one would like to see them added to ScummVM, the more the merrier as Reckless pointed out and maybe in the distant future someone will add FreeSCI support as well, then all Sierra games can be supported in ScummVM!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Pre-AGI games (TrollVM) support for ScummVM

Post by sev »

curtcoder wrote:Hi! I'm the author of TrollVM (http://trollvm.sourceforge.net/). In the light of the recent announcement of adding AGI support to ScummVM, would you be interested in having support added for the two pre-AGI era games (Mickey's Space Adventure/Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Wood) to ScummVM as well?
In fact I was really fascinated with your project and even submitted you couple patches back then which were accepted, but next version never was released. I thought about eventually talking to you and discussing the merge (but of course, I wanted to talk with other devs beforehand). I recommend to post a message to scummvm-devel and we will have further discussion there.

Also I was wondering, did you ever managed to fix remaining bugs in the engine?

Eugene
curtcoder

Post by curtcoder »

I pretty much lost interest after I put together the last version that is available on SourceForge. The patches are incorporated in the unreleased source tree on my computer. How do I post to scummvm-devel?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

curtcoder wrote:How do I post to scummvm-devel?
(a) Subscribe to it at sourceforge.net (b) Post.

sf.net seems to have problems with mailing lists at the moment, and several e-mails are already stuck.

Eugene
fac

Re: Pre-AGI games (TrollVM) support for ScummVM

Post by fac »

curtcoder wrote:Hi! I'm the author of TrollVM (http://trollvm.sourceforge.net/). In the light of the recent announcement of adding AGI support to ScummVM, would you be interested in having support added for the two pre-AGI era games (Mickey's Space Adventure/Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Wood) to ScummVM as well?
I didn't knew TrollVM exist until now. Was your goal to support Troll's Tale? If not, why did you chose the name TrollVM for this interpreter?

EDIT:
Sory, i hadn't read todo.txt:
Troll's Tale
------------
- list offsets inside troll.exe / game.dat
- read data directly from troll.exe
- where is the script?
- figure out file formats
Threepwood

Post by Threepwood »

Any news?
karsten

Post by karsten »

bump
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

I'd like to see some results too.

Eugene
Espiox

Post by Espiox »

I sent curtcoder a PM back in July to see if he was still doing this. It arrived, but got no reply... A shame, I really want to see this get implemented.
curtcoder

Post by curtcoder »

Seems that real life (tm) caught up with me since, but I'll get around to porting it eventually once I gather enough free time to learn the ScummVM engine...
karsten

Post by karsten »

Cool, thanks for the info. I just wondered what happened, because everyone was saying they have no objections in the mailing list, but no progress or further info was made available.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Any news about this? It seems quite interesting but no news since september 2006 :(

Too many time since that, I hope someone rescues this orphan project. The engine seems quite small and becoming more interesting to add since the AGI addition.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

I would also love to see that TrollVM gets integrated into ScummVM. :D