My Custom ScummVM PC DVD

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nickman

Post by Nickman »

QwertyGirl wrote:What about the PSD file? Are you still going to upload it? Again, sorry.
Here you go.
Play with it like you want. But maybe give me some credit. All up to you i guess.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PYY9J936
citizeneman

Post by citizeneman »

Nickman wrote:? Your cover is updated or is that a launch gui for Scumm.
Its just a graphical frontend for my dvd, I just put dvd in drive and that window pops up allowing me to install all my Scumm games.

Another:
Robert de Vos

Post by Robert de Vos »

Hey Citizeneman, that's a cool looking installer you made, would you mind sharing it with the rest of us? :D

I've been trying to find a good ScummVM DVD installer for ages. :(
Nickman

Post by Nickman »

Robert de Vos wrote:Hey Citizeneman, that's a cool looking installer you made, would you mind sharing it with the rest of us? :D

I've been trying to find a good ScummVM DVD installer for ages. :(
Yeah i would also like to have it.
citizeneman

Post by citizeneman »

Yes, I will think about uploading it somewhere, just the menu itself is about 26MB. Im glad you guys like it.
Robert de Vos

Post by Robert de Vos »

Excellent! Thank you very much! :lol:

Question: Is it customizable? Maybe you could even open a separate topic on it as i suspect many more people will be interested in it.
citizeneman

Post by citizeneman »

Even if I decide to upload it somewhere, Im currently downloading somthing, with dial-up :( So if I do anything it will be in a few days, so I will most likely make a new topic, so stay tuned.
evilgrug

Post by evilgrug »

citizeneman wrote:Its just a graphical frontend for my dvd, I just put dvd in drive and that window pops up allowing me to install all my Scumm games.
Why do you need a frontend or even an installer? What's wrong with using the ScummVM launcher to load games directly off the disc?

I just include the scummvm.ini on the DVD and use relative rather than absolute pathnames.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

citizeneman wrote:Even if I decide to upload it somewhere, Im currently downloading somthing, with dial-up :( So if I do anything it will be in a few days, so I will most likely make a new topic, so stay tuned.
Do you upload the whole DVD? If yes it would be great.

Because here are so many things about an dvd i have some questions too.

Is it possible to write a small linux which includes scummvm, and some windows games too. and to make then a live cd to start all games?

like a live cd like knoppix.
olki
ScummVM Developer

Post by olki »

FeebleFiles1 wrote:Do you upload the whole DVD? If yes it would be great.
The games are still copyrighted and cannot be distributed. So no, he cannot upload the whole DVD.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

FeebleFiles1 wrote:Is it possible to write a small linux which includes scummvm
It's already done, though it wasn't updated for quite a while. http://sourceforge.net/projects/scummlinux/
Conroy Bumpus

Post by Conroy Bumpus »

I just need to ask, about how to put all the games on one DVD disc, do you only copy over the necessary files that ScummVM needs to locate the games and put them in seperate folders?
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Conroy Bumpus wrote:I just need to ask, about how to put all the games on one DVD disc, do you only copy over the necessary files that ScummVM needs to locate the games and put them in seperate folders?
Sure. Just copy the necessary game files of your own games and then you can get started. Mayby you should compromise the game soundfiles with an mp3/ogg/flac/whatever encoder using the ScummVM tools to save disk space.
Conroy Bumpus

Post by Conroy Bumpus »

If you don't mind me asking but where do I get the tools for ScummVM?
clem

Post by clem »

Conroy Bumpus wrote:If you don't mind me asking but where do I get the tools for ScummVM?
if you get the daily snapshot, they should be installed into a tools subdirectory in the ScummVM directory

for the last stable release I think they are listed separately on the download page

you will still need the appropriate lame/ogg/flac encoder .exe files though

clem