Manny Running

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nathanel.mori

Manny Running

Post by nathanel.mori »

I have an issue with ResidualVM, but I might be wrong about it even being an issue:

As a big fan of playing the game in running mode, I pretty much have my finger on the SHIFT button all the time. However, if I run forward for example (pressing SHIFT+KEYPAD8) and then I make a turn (say, press KEYPAD6 in addition to the previous buttons), Manny goes back to walking during the turn.

I personally don't recall the game working like this back in 1998. I think that Manny kept running at all time (while the SHIFT was pressed).

Is there any way to preserve Mannny's delightful perpetually running nature? Having him walk is pretty annoying.

Oh, and you guys are awesome for doing all this!!!!
klusark

Post by klusark »

It seems this is a bug in the way input is handled. A workaround seems to be to turn of numlock or use the arrow keys.
nathanel.mori

Post by nathanel.mori »

Thanks! Works like a charm!

Despite the effective workaround, can you add this to your bug list?

Also, another issue: Whether I use software renderer or 3D acceleration via OpenGL, Manny still looks the same and has very rough edges (unlike the results I got from my 3D VoodooFX accelerator back in 1998...). Is the 3D acceleration implemented in Residual the way it was back then?

Thanks again!!
George22

Post by George22 »

nathanel.mori wrote:Thanks! Works like a charm! Despite the effective workaround, can you add this to your bug list?
It's been on the bug list for some time.
https://github.com/residualvm/residualvm/issues/559
George22

Post by George22 »

I noticed that this bug is still there in the stable release. I hope it will be fixed - until then be aware that NumLock should be OFF when using the numpad.