Two questions about SCUMMVM (Mac)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Three-headed Monkey

Two questions about SCUMMVM (Mac)

Post by Three-headed Monkey »

Hi, I have a couple questions:

ScummVM offers the option "Aspect Ratio Correction" but I can't decide which one looks better. Disabled the game looks squatted, enabled looks too elongated - and neither of the two are exactly in the same proportion of my Amiga originals - as I recall them at least. What exactly does this option? Why it was added?

The other question is: how do I force ScummVM to always ask for protection codes? I have read that is possible in the manual, but I just don't find where to input the command string.

Thanks! SCUMMVM rocks!!
clem

Post by clem »

regarding aspect ratio correction:
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0200586/ ... ution.html
(I hope that makes sense, open for comments on that one)

afaik it should look like under DOS/on the Amiga

commandline parameter strings have to be appended to the scummvm command on the commandline, or you have to add it after "scummvm.exe" in the properties of the link

hope that helps,
clem
Schnaks

Post by Schnaks »

clem wrote:commandline parameter strings have to be appended to the scummvm command on the commandline, or you have to add it after "scummvm.exe" in the properties of the link
There are no properties for a link on the Mac. ;-)

You can supply parameters if you start ScummVM using Terminal, e.g.

$ /Applications/ScummVM.app/Contents/MacOS/scummvm --copy-protection

It should also be possible to pass commandline parameters with AppleScript …
Three-headed Monkey

Post by Three-headed Monkey »

Thanks clem, that was very informative about the resolution - I guess then that it's better to play with the aspect ratio disabled. Doing a quick poll around here, which one do you prefer?

Schnaks, I've located the terminal and opened scummvm with it... I type "-copy-protection" on it but it doesn't work - what's the exact phrase to input? thanks.
Schnaks

Post by Schnaks »

Three-headed Monkey wrote:I type "-copy-protection" on it but it doesn't work
Try it with "--copy-protection" (two hyphens) instead of "-copy-protection".
clem

Post by clem »

Three-headed Monkey wrote:Thanks clem, that was very informative about the resolution - I guess then that it's better to play with the aspect ratio disabled. Doing a quick poll around here, which one do you prefer?
Aspect ratio enabled for me - since it's the way it originally looked afaik (the BASS-round-door quirk is only an oversight afterall and was visible that way in the original version as well)

clem