Grim Fandango is completable now!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JenniBee

Grim Fandango is completable now!

Post by JenniBee »

I just read the news, and I wanted register on these forums and thank the developers. :)

Thank you so much for making it possible for me to play one of my favorite adventure games again. I could never get Grim Fandango to work on either of my computers, so thank you so much for ResidualVM!

I'm going to stop typing now so I can actually play the game. :) Thanks again! :mrgreen:
Espiox

Post by Espiox »

Indeed, many thanks to the dev team!
JenniBee

Post by JenniBee »

I thought I'd post here again now that I completed the game (after updating to the version that fixed the missing one armed bandit bug).

It was great to be able to finally play the game all the way through again after all these years! Many many thanks! :mrgreen:
JohnnyWalker2001

Post by JohnnyWalker2001 »

Holy crap, this is amazing! I registered just to say a big thank you to the development team.

I wonder if their research has revealed what bug(?) stopped Domino from explaining his plan to the player at the end of the game? (Apparently sometimes there's a whole dialogue tree that opens up and some have speculated that it's a bug when it doesn't -- I think MixNMojo did a news article on it once.)

Great job guys!
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

The dialogue with Domino is supposed to be fixed now - at least it is supposed to work in the italian version. Haven't had a chance to test my english copy yet.