FM Towns no Japanese version?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

EAD

FM Towns no Japanese version?

Post by EAD »

I am not sure if this is the right place or should be asking, but as far I have seen there are ONLY English versions of Zak McKracken, Monkey Island 2, etc for FM-TOWNS to be used with ScummVM. My question is; are there any Japanese releases or is there are a way to change English to Japanese? IF this was not legal, then I apologise for asking.

PS: Sorry, if I am not very clear and such.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: FM Towns no Japanese version?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

EAD wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:33 am My question is; are there any Japanese releases or is there are a way to change English to Japanese? IF this was not legal, then I apologise for asking.
The only one I have is Loom, and I don't speak Japanese, but that one seems to include both English and Japanese versions in the loomeng and loomkan folders respectively, and it definitely has a Japanese version of the audio drama on the audio CD. (Or so I assume, they could be speaking Finnish for all I know. :wink:) I assume it's not the only game where the CD includes two versions like that.

Though apparently the Japanese version requires a font data file to work. See the ScummVM Wiki. (I can't help you any further with that, though.)