Release of ScummVM 2.1.1 “:More Sheep:”

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Release of ScummVM 2.1.1 “:More Sheep:”

Post by sev »

After a short break, the ScummVM Team is pleased to announce a bugfix release for the 2.1 series - ScummVM 2.1.1, codenamed “:More Sheep:”.

This release contains a substantial amount of fixes and minor enhancements. The most notable ones are: better multi-language support in the GUI, improvements in FM TOWNS/PC-98 audio, optimisations of the cloud saves, a couple dozen SCI script fixes, improvements to Blade Runner and fixes to another 7 engines. Also, this is the first release with official support for the Nintendo 3DS. Additionally, we added cloud support to the Nintendo Switch port.

For a more comprehensive list of changes, please refer to the Release Notes.

As always, the set of pre-built executables can be found at our downloads page.

Enjoy, and have fun!
hellishvictor

Re: Release of ScummVM 2.1.1 “:More Sheep:”

Post by hellishvictor »

Hi, the 32-bit version takes 25 seconds to open. No problems with the one of 64-bit.
Cheers.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

hellishvictor wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:56 am Hi, the 32-bit version takes 25 seconds to open. No problems with the one of 64-bit.
Cheers.
32-bit Haiku build? What is your Operating System, what version?

Eugene
hellishvictor

Post by hellishvictor »

Hi Eugene, it's Win 7 x64
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Post by rootfather »

Which download are you referring to *exactly*? I didn't encounter any issues with either Win 7 or Windows 10 during my testing prior to this release. However, why do you need to run the 32 bit version on a 64 bit system? The installer will pick the correct version for you since it's a combined executable.
Shadow

ScummVM 2.1.1 “:More Sheep:” for PowerMac G4/Mac OS 10.4.

Post by Shadow »

Thanks for your hard Work on these Version! It rans great on my iMac with Mac OS 10.11.

Is it possible for you to generate a PowerMac-Version that run on Mac OS 10.4. G4 for the downloads?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: ScummVM 2.1.1 “:More Sheep:” for PowerMac G4/Mac OS 10.4.

Post by criezy »

Shadow wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:52 pm Is it possible for you to generate a PowerMac-Version that run on Mac OS 10.4. G4 for the downloads?
There are issues with the PPC version. I suspect ScummVM may have become too big for it. You can read more on that in this thread. I have not completely given up and I might try to see if I can get plugins to work to reduce the executable size. But I am a bit short of times right know so it may take a while before I can look into it more.

Out of curisosity, did you try the 2.1.0 PPC release, and if you did, was it working for you? So far I have not received any feedback that it was working for anybody other than me, but users tend to post more when it is not working than when it is working ;-)
Shadow

Re: ScummVM 2.1.1 “:More Sheep:” for PowerMac G4/Mac OS 10.4.

Post by Shadow »

At first, thanks for your Infos :P

I'll testet the 2.1.0. PPC-Version. The first I saw is, that there is no ScummVM-Icon in the .DMG File. I can copy the App in my Folder, ist starts, but didn't show anything, only the ScummVM-Name in the upper Menu.
criezy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:20 pm
Shadow wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:52 pm Is it possible for you to generate a PowerMac-Version that run on Mac OS 10.4. G4 for the downloads?
There are issues with the PPC version. I suspect ScummVM may have become too big for it. You can read more on that in this thread. I have not completely given up and I might try to see if I can get plugins to work to reduce the executable size. But I am a bit short of times right know so it may take a while before I can look into it more.

Out of curisosity, did you try the 2.1.0 PPC release, and if you did, was it working for you? So far I have not received any feedback that it was working for anybody other than me, but users tend to post more when it is not working than when it is working ;-)
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Great work!

I tested the 2.1.2 Version and it works great! ScummVM and the games starts under Mac OS 10.4.11 :D

Thank you