Right click not working in Lands of Lore

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SubmarineWipers

Right click not working in Lands of Lore

Post by SubmarineWipers »

Hi, I downloaded the latest 2.0 version from android market and tried playing Lands of Lore, most things work as expected, but I was unable to do right click in any way - I tried the "press and tap second finger" technique, tried fast multiple clicks, longer press (0.5-1s), even longer (>1s).
Control mode is direct (not touchpad), device is Samsung Galaxy Note 9 running Android 10.

I also tried downloading the two 2.1 versions from your website ARMv7a (not working at all) and ARM64v8a (at first ran probably in native 2k resolution with no scaling, so controlling it was impossible), but now both versions just crash.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Right click not working in Lands of Lore

Post by sev »

When you were downloading it, did you by chance noticed how the app description starts?
NOT WORKING ON ANDROID 7+
And you're trying it on Android 10 :D :D

And before you ask, no, we cannot do much with it, we have no porter. I am in fact, very tempted to remove ScummVM form the Play Store. People just ignore any descriptions.

Eugene
SubmarineWipers

Post by SubmarineWipers »

No, I saw no reason to read a description of app I have previously used many times :)
Okay, but it also says "you will not be able to navigate directories", which is working fine for me, I even got like 4 hours into the game. The only thing not working is the right click, which should be _relatively_ easy to fix.

But you dont have a developer, fair enough, thanks for an answer.
chojin_TX

Post by chojin_TX »

sev wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:08 pm When you were downloading it, did you by chance noticed how the app description starts?

And before you ask, no, we cannot do much with it, we have no porter. I am in fact, very tempted to remove ScummVM form the Play Store. People just ignore any descriptions.

Eugene
Whats up with that Praetorian Guy? Isn´t he the lead Android Dev?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

chojin_TX wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:34 pm
sev wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:08 pm When you were downloading it, did you by chance noticed how the app description starts?

Eugene
Whats up with that Praetorian Guy? Isn´t he the lead Android Dev?
I'm not the lead Android developer, but I've put effort in the Android port the last few months to fix some of the reported bugs and a few others I encountered on my own. These fixes are currently in the development builds of Android -- not on the stable nor on Play Store.

And I do intend to be fixing more -- some fixes are in work in progress status that I haven't got around to completing due to real life issues and priorities.

Other devs (including sev, ccawley2011 and peterkohaut) have put and still put effort on the android port as well.
lorien

Post by lorien »

Thank you very much to all of you guys ... I am an anonymous ScummVMics and I can only play on Android . I am using now version 2.0 of Scummvm (on Android 6) and it works flawlessly... But I need more of my drug, (for example Blade Runner). and I can't wait for the official version 2.1 to arrive.
Much love to all of you <3