Testing Blade Runner with ScummVM

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Debar

Re: Testing Blade Runner with ScummVM

Post by Debar »

Praetorian wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:54 pm Actually McCoy will ask him (I think in Surly mode) in the first Act if he knew anyone from Tyrell's Co and the discussion moves to the "fruitcakes" from DNA Row (Runciter says that a couple of genetic designers are friends of his).
I usually play the game on 'User Choice' but will try it on Surly. Thnks for that tip.
The part that puzzles me about Runciter knowingly selling fakes or not, is that the twins themselves explicitly say in their cutscene (start of Act 4) that maybe Runciter wants a refund because he discovered one of the fakes. Which pretty much implies that the deal was not so clear cut.
Ah yes you are quite right. I can't remember the conversation between Ray and Runciter later on in the game and whether he explicitly admits to knowingly buying fakes?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Debar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:48 pm Ah yes you are quite right. I can't remember the conversation between Ray and Runciter later on in the game and whether he explicitly admits to knowingly buying fakes?
I think he will indeed admit that he was dealing with the twins to sell some fakes (if McCoy has found the letter and is pointing a gun at him). He swears the tiger was not one of them.
Maybe the deals were sometimes for fakes and sometimes for real animals smuggled from Tyrell's pyramid or the ones from their lab that they used as prototypes for the fake ones.
Or "Runciter discovering one of the fakes" means that Runciter (or a client of his) found some flaw which was a telltale sign that an animal was fake (even if Runciter knew there were fakes, he wanted them indistinguishable from real ones so this would be a deal-breaker).
belies

Post by belies »

Hello

How can i Play This Game ?

scmm74

Post by scmm74 »

Praetorian wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:55 pm
scmm74 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:39 am Thanks. Are there any builds available I can test?
There are the daily development builds from our buildbot but at least for now, I'd suggest waiting a few days till we implement and merge all the fixes for the outstanding bugs reported.
Also those builds are currently incompatible with the stable version from the Play Store, meaning that added games, settings and saved games may be "lost" if you migrate to those.

Also, please consider submitting any errors in the transcript to the other ticket that I've mentioned above.
Hey guys. Wondering if the Android version now supports Blade Runner. Thanks!!
UruBoo

Post by UruBoo »

When I try to go to Tyrell in the beginning of Act 2 the game freezes/stuck right before I arrived at Tyrell. Any solution?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

UruBoo wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:30 pm When I try to go to Tyrell in the beginning of Act 2 the game freezes/stuck right before I arrived at Tyrell. Any solution?
Hello, which version of ScummVM are you using (the official release or a development daily build?). Also give us a few more details about your setup. Your Operating System/ platform, version of the game etc.
magnotta43

Post by magnotta43 »

Hi,

I'm running MacOS Mojave, and I'm trying to get Blade Runner to work.
I've copied all the game files into a new directory like your screenshots showed, and I'm still getting the
"ScummVM couldn't find a game in the specified directory" message when I try to add the game in ScummVM.
The only way I deviated from your instructions was not downloading/copying the subtitle file.
Otherwise, it looks exactly like the instructions you posted.
Any help would be appreciated.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

magnotta43 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:27 pm I'm running MacOS Mojave, and I'm trying to get Blade Runner to work.
I've copied all the game files into a new directory like your screenshots showed, and I'm still getting the
"ScummVM couldn't find a game in the specified directory" message when I try to add the game in ScummVM.
The only way I deviated from your instructions was not downloading/copying the subtitle file.
Otherwise, it looks exactly like the instructions you posted.
Any help would be appreciated.
The subtitles file is optional, so that is not the cause for the issue you're having.
What is the version of the scummVM app you're running? It should be 2.1.0 (the official release build) or above (eg. a daily build)
magnotta43

Post by magnotta43 »

That was it, I had neglected to update it to the current version. Thank you for your help.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

magnotta43 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:44 pm That was it, I had neglected to update it to the current version. Thank you for your help.
I'm glad you got it working.

I've updated a bit the instructions on the first post to make it clearer that a recent version of scummVM is required.

Let us know of any other issues, either in this thread or by creating a ticket on the scummVM bug tracker.
xabe

Post by xabe »

i been having problem. when i start it say that CDFRAMES1 to 4 are missing. but they are in there.

Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

xabe wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:12 am i been having problem. when i start it say that CDFRAMES1 to 4 are missing. but they are in there.

Judging from the second image, where COREANIM.DAT file appears as "COREANIM" your file explorer maybe configured to hide extensions for DAT files. (This is usually due the setting in "Folder Options"->"View"->"Hide extensions for known file types")

Which in short means that you may have named the CDFRAMES1-4 files with a double ".DAT" extension (one that is showing and the one that is hidden).

If that's the case, try to rename the four CDFRAMES files and keep only one ".DAT" extension. (Which will be hidden so it won't be showing in File Explorer after the rename)
xabe

Post by xabe »

it was the double .dat that was the problem. thank you.
nizcoz

Post by nizcoz »

Hi! It is possible to use english version of the game with spanish subtitles? Thanks!
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

nizcoz wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:15 pm Hi! It is possible to use english version of the game with spanish subtitles? Thanks!
Not yet, but definitely in an upcoming ScummVM version. I don't know how soon I'll get around to it though.