strange problem with the android version

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pako14

strange problem with the android version

Post by pako14 »

I've writed the same message in help and support but maybe it was better post here.

I've a strange problem with the android version. Searching the game I went back thruw the directodry (I've the game in the memory card) and I reached the root. The problem is that now I see only the slash and a clear screen and so I don't know how to choose the directory for reach my directory game. Moreover is not possible writing anything with the keyboard. Any ideas?
I hope you understand my english. Thank you for the help.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: strange problem with the android version

Post by Praetorian »

pako14 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:11 pm I've writed the same message in help and support but maybe it was better post here.

I've a strange problem with the android version. Searching the game I went back thruw the directodry (I've the game in the memory card) and I reached the root. The problem is that now I see only the slash and a clear screen and so I don't know how to choose the directory for reach my directory game. Moreover is not possible writing anything with the keyboard. Any ideas?
I hope you understand my english. Thank you for the help.
What is the ScummVM version that you have installed? It should be shown in the first ScummVM screen. Also please specify your Android OS version and device model, as it would help pinpoint where the issue is.
pako14

Post by pako14 »

Praetorian wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:35 am What is the ScummVM version that you have installed? It should be shown in the first ScummVM screen. Also please specify your Android OS version and device model, as it would help pinpoint where the issue is.
ScummVM version 2.0.0
Huawei mediapad M5 10.8
Android 9

Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

pako14 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:09 pm
Praetorian wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:35 am What is the ScummVM version that you have installed? It should be shown in the first ScummVM screen. Also please specify your Android OS version and device model, as it would help pinpoint where the issue is.
ScummVM version 2.0.0
Huawei mediapad M5 10.8
Android 9

Thank you for the report! This seems similar to a known issue with the Android port, version 2.0, which should be resolved in the 2.1 version (coming soon but no ETA as of yet). But the address bar / textbox should still be clickable...

Are you unable to click where the "/" is displayed and does that not bring up the virtual keyboard? If you can manage to bring up the keyboard you could type "/mnt/" which should suffice to show a valid location for the M5 mediapad from where you could also access the "sdcard".
pako14

Post by pako14 »

Praetorian wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:43 pm
Thank you for the report! This seems similar to a known issue with the Android port, version 2.0, which should be resolved in the 2.1 version (coming soon but no ETA as of yet). But the address bar / textbox should still be clickable...

Are you unable to click where the "/" is displayed and does that not bring up the virtual keyboard? If you can manage to bring up the keyboard you could type "/mnt/" which should suffice to show a valid location for the M5 mediapad from where you could also access the "sdcard".
No, the "/" isn't clickable. I can display the virtual keyboard with "Ab" button but nothing happens if I click on the keyboard.
... sorry, what mieans ETA?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

pako14 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:24 pm... sorry, what mieans ETA?
ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival. So in this case it indicates the release date for the ScummVM 2.1 version on Android (and "no ETA" means we don't know yet when it will be released).
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

pako14 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:24 pm No, the "/" isn't clickable. I can display the virtual keyboard with "Ab" button but nothing happens if I click on the keyboard.
... sorry, what mieans ETA?
ETA means: estimated time of arrival (or estimated time of release, in this case).

So what you can try is the following:
When launching ScummVM you will see for a short time (only few seconds) a bar on top of the screen which will say "CHANGE DEVICE CONFIGURATION". This happens only in this version of Android (2.0, AndroidSDL port).

Click on that bar and then select "Data installation location". If "SD card storage" is selected, then click on the "Internal storage" option. If the "Internal storage" is selected then click on "SD card storage" option. Then press OK (in the bottom of the list) and click on the "Add Game..." button. You should see a proper path in the address bar now.

You should also be able to switch back to your original Data installation location setting, if you repeat the above process and select what your original setting was (SD card or Internal storage are recommended).
pako14

Post by pako14 »

Praetorian wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:52 pm
So what you can try is the following:
When launching ScummVM you will see for a short time (only few seconds) a bar on top of the screen which will say "CHANGE DEVICE CONFIGURATION". This happens only in this version of Android (2.0, AndroidSDL port).

Click on that bar and then select "Data installation location". If "SD card storage" is selected, then click on the "Internal storage" option. If the "Internal storage" is selected then click on "SD card storage" option. Then press OK (in the bottom of the list) and click on the "Add Game..." button. You should see a proper path in the address bar now.

You should also be able to switch back to your original Data installation location setting, if you repeat the above process and select what your original setting was (SD card or Internal storage are recommended).
It worked!
Before I tried, with unsuccess, deleting cache and data app.
Thanks for the help, later I'lltry some games.