ScummVM 2.1.0 “Electric Sheep” has been produced.

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

ScummVM 2.1.0 “Electric Sheep” has been produced.

Post by sev »

"Animal sales was a profitable and prestigious business, since most real animals had died out after the Terran War; there were plenty of electric ones, though—" Oh, ahem, didn’t notice you there.

ScummVM Team is thrilled to announce the release of ScummVM version 2.1.0. This release is the culmination of nearly two years worth of work, adding 16 new games based on 8 engines, a Nintendo Switch port and nearly 500 bug fixes. All this done by the hard work of 147 contributors across 8,493 commits.

The newly supported games are:
  • Blade Runner
  • Duckman: The Graphic Adventures of a Private Dick
  • Hoyle Bridge
  • Hoyle Children's Collection
  • Hoyle Classic Games
  • Hoyle Solitaire
  • Hyperspace Delivery Boy!
  • Might and Magic IV - Clouds of Xeen
  • Might and Magic V - Darkside of Xeen
  • Might and Magic - World of Xeen
  • Might and Magic - Swords of Xeen
  • Mission Supernova Part 1
  • Mission Supernova Part 2
  • Quest for Glory: Shadows of Darkness
  • The Prince and the Coward
  • Versailles 1685
In addition, we enhanced the Android and iOS ports considerably. You will also notice the new GUI facelift, improved Roland MT-32 sound emulation, a new pixel-perfect stretching mode, Text-to-Speech support on macOS and Linux, and last but not least, support for synchronizing saves and downloading game data from cloud-based file services (see the up-to-date list of the platforms in our user manual)

As usual, we have improved many of the existing engines: added support for the 25th Myst Anniversary releases, fixed more than 100 original SCI script bugs that have plagued Sierra games for decades, added support for Amiga and FM-TOWNS versions of Eye of the Beholder, improved audio quality in Humongous Entertainment games and added lip sync to the newer LucasArts adventure titles, squashed tons of bugs in Starship Titanic and Bud Tucker. The list goes on and on, and you may see the comprehensive change log here.

Have no more tears in rain and grab this electric release. Windows and macOS users may get the auto-update when starting ScummVM.
Shadow

Re: ScummVM 2.1.0 “Electric Sheep” has been produced.

Post by Shadow »

This is so great, thank you all for your hard work. I can‘t wait to test the new Version 8)
RetroJaro

Post by RetroJaro »

Thanks for this! I see that it now supports lipsync for scumm v6 and v7+ games.. I tried searching but nothing really... what are the v6 and v7+ games?
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Amazing, thanks for the hard work!
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

RetroJaro wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:55 am Thanks for this! I see that it now supports lipsync for scumm v6 and v7+ games.. I tried searching but nothing really... what are the v6 and v7+ games?
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title=SCUMM/Versions
RetroJaro

Post by RetroJaro »

Raziel wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:57 pm
RetroJaro wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:55 am Thanks for this! I see that it now supports lipsync for scumm v6 and v7+ games.. I tried searching but nothing really... what are the v6 and v7+ games?
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title=SCUMM/Versions
Thanks for this.
Pakolmo18

Post by Pakolmo18 »

I am testing Duckman: The Graphic Adventures of a Private Dick game and I think the text speed is very quick.

Can you do it more slow?

I am doing a Spanish translation of the Game, too.
jeremywc

Post by jeremywc »

Any possibility that we could start getting official Linux packages again? Even as a Flatpak or Snap. The distros do eventually update their packages, but sometimes the release schedules mean that there's a decent wait. Ubuntu 19.10 just released, so we're looking at 6 months before we can get a build of 2.1 from them.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

jeremywc wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:59 pm Any possibility that we could start getting official Linux packages again? Even as a Flatpak or Snap. The distros do eventually update their packages, but sometimes the release schedules mean that there's a decent wait. Ubuntu 19.10 just released, so we're looking at 6 months before we can get a build of 2.1 from them.
Yes, the porter mentioned recently that he will provide the builds.

Eugene
a.borque

Post by a.borque »

Hi!
Forgive me asking again, but are there any news on the Linux packages?
I am on Debian Buster, there won't be a new release soon and the chance of seeing ScummVM 2.1.0 in backports is rather low...
Thanks!
A.Borque
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Post by rootfather »

a.borque wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:54 pm I am on Debian Buster, there won't be a new release soon and the chance of seeing ScummVM 2.1.0 in backports is rather low...
Hi there - thanks to aquadran, packages for Debian Buster are now available at https://www.scummvm.org/downloads/#stable.
jeremywc

Post by jeremywc »

Thanks aquadran, it's much appreciated!
Blakes7

Post by Blakes7 »

The link for the daily snapshot is broken and just takes you to the main page.

Win32 ScummVM Daily Snapshot
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Blakes7 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:24 am The link for the daily snapshot is broken and just takes you to the main page.

Thanks for reporting, I removed those links.

This is a double offtopic: first, for the thread, and in general, as Forum Rule #3a: "Do not post bugreports here". We irregularly check the forums, and your message could get easily lost.

Eugene
Blakes7

Post by Blakes7 »

sev wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:09 pm
Blakes7 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:24 am The link for the daily snapshot is broken and just takes you to the main page.

Thanks for reporting, I removed those links.

This is a double offtopic: first, for the thread, and in general, as Forum Rule #3a: "Do not post bugreports here". We irregularly check the forums, and your message could get easily lost.

Eugene
Thanks for letting me know. I thought help and support was more for the scummvm program itself. In future, should I post bug reports there?