Schizm: Mysterious Journey? AMBER: Journeys Beyond?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

riven2000

Schizm: Mysterious Journey? AMBER: Journeys Beyond?

Post by riven2000 »

Hi all,

New here, and I just started using ScummVM with some old games - FANTASTIC!! I was wondering if Schizm: Mysterious Journey or AMBER: Journeys Beyond is on anyone's list of games to set up for SVM? Didn't see them on the current list. I have Schizm on virtual Windows 7 in Parallels, and AMBER in Sheepshaver right now, but would like to be able to play them on my Mac Pro.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Schizm: Mysterious Journey? AMBER: Journeys Beyond?

Post by criezy »

Amber: Journeys Beyond might happen as this is a Director game and there have been some work to support those. See our wiki for some details. I have never heard of Schizm: Mysterious Journey, so I have no idea if anybody looked at that one.

Edit: And I also moved the topic to the Junkyard forum. See the forums descriptions (and in particular "if you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion").
riven2000

Post by riven2000 »

Sounds great about AMBER. Schizm was made in Poland in 2001 (?) and is also a point-and-click. Although now that I think of it, I believe it's done in nodes, like Myst III and IV. Not the greatest writing in a game but the graphics and music are spectacular. Check out this site: http://mysterymanor.net/winecellar/main ... temId=2177 for samples of each.
Last edited by riven2000 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riven2000

Post by riven2000 »

Ok, AMBER shows up on the Director list for "version 5". Does that mean it's being looked at now?
Jorpho

Post by Jorpho »

AMBER, at least, has been patched to get running on modern machines.
http://www.squirtthecat.com/games/amber/index.html