Scumm 2.1.0 Beta SDL

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Larrynho

Scumm 2.1.0 Beta SDL

Post by Larrynho »

Im trying the new Blade Runner engine but I had to uninstall the play store SDL version and get the 2.1.0 from the daily builds (arm64 lastest nightly).

Is there anywhere the nightly version of the SDL to test Blade Runner on it?
gobod

Re: Scumm 2.1.0 Beta SDL

Post by gobod »

And what's the problem with daily build? Why don't you just try to use it?
Larrynho

Post by Larrynho »

Im playing through the game with it, but its much less android friendly, does not scale resolution properly, cant get android keyboard app... if you ever used the two on a phone, youll realize SDL is much more convenient.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Larrynho wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:14 am Im playing through the game with it, but its much less android friendly, does not scale resolution properly, cant get android keyboard app... if you ever used the two on a phone, youll realize SDL is much more convenient.
You're right about that, the Android SDL port has a few features that the plain Android port is lacking, and the on-screen keyboard works in-game (at the Save Game screen) if I recall correctly.
cb2001

Post by cb2001 »

Other bits too, like SD card access. So if I'm using a build to test (in this case the daily for blade runner) I can't have a soundfont without SDL.

There is a beta program on the android store. I propose that the daily build of the SDL vairent get pushed at least every 3 months.