Beneath A Steel Sky Intro Not Playing

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

RyanFialcowitz

Beneath A Steel Sky Intro Not Playing

Post by RyanFialcowitz »

I'm trying to run Beneath A Steel Sky and I'll get audio but no visuals during the intro. I've tried both floppy versions and the C.D. version. I've tried the version available on this site as well as the one on Good Old Games. Any ideas how to get it to work?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Beneath A Steel Sky Intro Not Playing

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I can't reproduce the problem under Linux, using the development version of ScummVM, running the game in windowed mode. But I don't know how that setup compares to what you're running...
RyanFialcowitz

Post by RyanFialcowitz »

eriktorbjorn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:07 am I can't reproduce the problem under Linux, using the development version of ScummVM, running the game in windowed mode. But I don't know how that setup compares to what you're running...
I think it has something to do with using the Libretro port. The game plays fine when I use the regular version of ScummVM. If you have any ideas on how to get it working?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

RyanFialcowitz wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:36 am I think it has something to do with using the Libretro port. The game plays fine when I use the regular version of ScummVM. If you have any ideas on how to get it working?
No, I don't have any ideas at all. I don't even remember if I've ever heard of Libretro before.
RyanFialcowitz

Post by RyanFialcowitz »

eriktorbjorn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 am
RyanFialcowitz wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:36 am I think it has something to do with using the Libretro port. The game plays fine when I use the regular version of ScummVM. If you have any ideas on how to get it working?
No, I don't have any ideas at all. I don't even remember if I've ever heard of Libretro before.
https://github.com/libretro/scummvm

Google has a few other accounts of the intro not playing properly but I still can't find any solutions.