SVN Build updated

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

SVN Build updated

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! This topic is ment to be an indication to check when the Symbian SVN build has been updated.

So here is a first post:
SVN Build with source from 20060503 which now has been built
for 91 variants with 89 successful with the all first builds for S60V3 and UIQ3. (No all_tremor builds for UIQ3 and S60V3 as there are limits for the compiler used.) (Total compiletime for this baby on my XP2500+ is around 5-6 hours)

Updates can be found at
http://anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds

Check this topic for further updates.
Maveric

Post by Maveric »

I don't know if you want us to not post feed-back here or not, but I seem to be having problems with this verrsion on my SX1. I haven't played alot with it, but when I tried Sam n Max, I tried a saved game where I'm at the carneval and I ask the guy who "swallows fire" to spit fire(?) "above the top of the tent. Around that situation the game hangs.

Full Throttle is also not workig yet :(
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

If I had a 1 gb memorystick I could test full throttle. But well.. I dont have that right now. But I really want to get that working too. :-)

As for reporting problems with builds, well..

If anything out of the ordinary is noticed then that should be reported.

But since they are svn builds, based on the latest code, different problems might occur, which might be fixed in the next svn build.

So.. comments about Symbian port specifics yes, but not about game engines as such would be appriciated.
Pipopo

Re: SVN Build updated

Post by Pipopo »

Anotherguest wrote:Hi! This topic is ment to be an indication to check when the Symbian SVN build has been updated.

So here is a first post:
SVN Build with source from 20060503 which now has been built
for 91 variants with 89 successful with the all first builds for S60V3 and UIQ3. (No all_tremor builds for UIQ3 and S60V3 as there are limits for the compiler used.) (Total compiletime for this baby on my XP2500+ is around 5-6 hours)

Updates can be found at
http://anotherguest.k0.se/cvsbuilds

Check this topic for further updates.
Hi Anotherguest,

The S60V3 build does not seem to work! It says "ScummVM Fatal Error mkdir for '8§B' failed!". I tried it with a N80, it also gave some errors at the install but that's fine. Did it work on the emulator? Another device?

I am new to this, and I am not sure if your install packaged the libraries as well?

Cheers,
Pipopo.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have gotten reports that it has been working on a N80 but it seems to have a problem with the creation of the default directory. I will have to check that. I now have access to a N80 to test that on and that really helps. So keep your eyes peeled for more updates
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

sorry, I can't find any useful info about SVN.
What is it???
What does SVN mean?
clem

Post by clem »

jumpjack wrote:sorry, I can't find any useful info about SVN.
What is it???
What does SVN mean?
SVN = Subversion, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion_%28software%29

most likely SVN means a version of ScummVM after the latest official release 0.8.2 (since then all SVN releases are called 0.9.0)

clem
Tovok7

Re: SVN Build updated

Post by Tovok7 »

Pipopo wrote:The S60V3 build does not seem to work! It says "ScummVM Fatal Error mkdir for '8§B' failed!". I tried it with a N80, it also gave some errors at the install but that's fine. Did it work on the emulator? Another device?
I have an Nokia N91 and get the very same error. Is there already a solution?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

There is a directory missing after installation and in that a savegame folder should be created. But that should n't be a fatal error I think. So I am going to remove that Error call causing that. So I have to do another svn version for that. I am also working on some other updates and must fix for the 0.9 release.

but right now I gotta go home as I am still @ work.
Tovok7

Post by Tovok7 »

Maybe it's some kind of codepage problem. I tried scummvm-060503-SymbianS60v3_all.sis instead of scummvm-060503-SymbianS60v3_scumm.sis and there the folder was called differently: 8çC
Each time some wierd character is in the foldername.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The strange characters is caused because we can't pass the string arguments properly from the C side to Symbian strings. So on the emulator it looks ok, but on real devices we just get garbage. So it says .. "Saves" :-)
Tovok7

Post by Tovok7 »

Isn't it possible to create the folder manually? I would do it if I knew where to create it.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Depends on the version. Older versions are using c:\shared\scummvm so if you have a fileman which can create that. For newer I am trying \\private\a00006557 (I think).. but that can't be created by you any how: I think I made a mistake when doing that. I am going to try to make a new build this weekend.
shole

Post by shole »

here's a bunch of bugs;

this bug happened to me using the latest (060503) UIQ2 port of scummvm
when in indy4, i am about to enter the uboat, and am encountered by the captain, i get a speech query
if i choose to run, and promptly knock him out behind the conning tower, the action is performed, but after the knocking out "sound effects", indy never comes back up
all the gameplay mechanics get locked up
i cannot push any game gui buttons
cursor is visible, and i can summon the scummvm menu and quit or access other menus
choosing option in speech dialog to fight with the captain works

the saves made on this version are not backwards compatible, so i could not test on an earlier version
but i did try it on the latest (060605) win32 version, and the action performed fine as expected

also tried with the latest (060503) S60v2 port, but it crashed upon loading indy4 ("App closed! Main") - other games started fine

should also be noted that savegames moved between win32 and symbian ports still result in corrupted cursor
testing the save on the win32 was rather difficult as the cursor hotspot was floating on a transparent patch far from the noise'd corrupted cursor

also, i get no sound of any kind on my UIQ2 port with any scummvm version i've tried (official 0.8.2 and all subsequent builds on your site)
i am using a motorola A920, internally A925
the S60 phone is a nokia 6600

oh, and bunches of thanks for all the effort
i'd kiss all you guys if i had long enough lips
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The 6600 is a little bit low on memory for running Indy4 I think.

But there are one thing ppl could be doing to easy why scummvm is crashing. There is a utility called panix capturing a crash on symbian devices. With this log file and the generated .map file I can see where it crashes. (well sometimes at least). This might be a future way to go.

As for hangs, its a little bit different, as its not a crash as such. Usually its a deadlock between two mutex, which is causing this behaviour. not sure why though, but it happens in some circumstances. You could always try to disable the music or so. At least see if it makes any difference.