Sherlock Holmes: rose tattoo - Assertion failed

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Igneo

Sherlock Holmes: rose tattoo - Assertion failed

Post by Igneo »

Hi all:

I have an assertion failed problem with The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: the rose tattoo. I hope you can help me understand the problem and solve it (if possible).

I have attached an image of the error to this post.

Igneo
SHRT - Assertion Failed.jpg
SHRT - Assertion Failed.jpg (149.47 KiB) Viewed 2120 times
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Re: Sherlock Holmes: rose tattoo - Assertion failed

Post by dreammaster »

That's really not much to go on. One possibility I've frequently seen asserts like this from is trying to load bad data. You should try recopying the files from your original disc and see if it makes any difference. Otherwise, try posting a bug on the bugtracker with a savegame attached, and maybe someone can help you. Although I"m the primary developer for the Sherlock engine, I'm unfortunately away from my game discs for the next month, but if you're lucky, another developer with the game may be able to investigate it for you sooner.
Igneo

Post by Igneo »

dreammaster wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:47 am That's really not much to go on. One possibility I've frequently seen asserts like this from is trying to load bad data. You should try recopying the files from your original disc and see if it makes any difference. Otherwise, try posting a bug on the bugtracker with a savegame attached, and maybe someone can help you. Although I"m the primary developer for the Sherlock engine, I'm unfortunately away from my game discs for the next month, but if you're lucky, another developer with the game may be able to investigate it for you sooner.
Hello!!

I´m happy you could see my post and answer. I will try replacing files and checking the bug. Also, If I dont find a solution for the next month I can wait for you to be near your discs haha.

By the way, my version is in spanish, I don´t know if that will make a difference for you.

Thanks and be in touch!

Igneo
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Igneo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:20 pmBy the way, my version is in spanish, I don´t know if that will make a difference for you.
It may. I'm not sure if I have that version. I do some a foreign language version of Rose Tattoo in my collection, but can't remember if it was Spanish. But if no one else comes forward to look into your bug report in the interim, give me a poke in a month's time.. I should be home by then, and I'll look into your problem if I do indeed have that version.