How to insert subtitles French, Spanish, German in Sierra games bought on GOG Games?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cityhunter1

How to insert subtitles French, Spanish, German in Sierra games bought on GOG Games?

Post by cityhunter1 »

Hello,

Following my GOG Game customer service request and their incorrect answer that the publisher only had the right to publish the games in English

Since many Sierra games are abandonware, I do not understand that the subtitles are not integrated into the game owning it in an original way to their output in the 1990s .. It's bad will for me

Since the transition from Dosbox to ScummVM on GOG games it has become complicated to customize the game

I am a beginner and I would like to integrate the french subtitles to the games released with their time
Can someone help me to put the subtitles in the games:
KIng quest 5,6,7,8
Space Quest 4,5,6
Quest for Glory 2,3,4,5

I need help please to make improvements since GOG refuses to add subtitles and this problem exists since 2011 and before!

there is even emulators king quest free on this site
[REDACTED]

All his games mentioned above came out with subtitles French (even Spanish and German for some)

I do not count remakes or additions of translation fans
the original jacquettes of the games are the proof

I joined them to my post on GOG games attached here

https://www.gog.com/forum/kings_quest_s ... _567_and_8

or the official French website of abandonware games
on the french site [REDACTED]

thank you in advance for your help, I am clueless of this situation which persists
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Re: How to insert subtitles French, Spanish, German in Sierra games bought on GOG Games?

Post by digitall »

Abandonware is not a legal concept. See Forum Rule #0 and Copyright FAQ:
viewtopic.php?t=17
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Copyright_FAQ
cityhunter1

Re: How to insert subtitles French, Spanish, German in Sierra games bought on GOG Games?

Post by cityhunter1 »

it does not change anything in solving the problem of non-support of GOG subtitles in languages other than English
I bought GOG for 2 years all my games, with soon 50 games (49 currently), i have games king quest, space quest, i buy GOG games..

Frankly, I liked the concept of without drm and help developers but in hindsight, I do not see any interest now to pay for non-existent support of languages, subtitles, languages other than English old games

most of these are fan sites that work for free
And not the game developer who hires staff to reinsert subtitles or languages existing at the exit of the game

I think that when there is Chinese and a lot of money to be made, there are people in the balcony
Otherwise nothing very little
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

SIGH. Fine, but we are not part of GOG and not party to their business decisions.... so that is your choice. I am sure they will be sorry to lose you as a customer, but that is their choice. Please complain on their forums about this as it may be more productive.